Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evasive Maneuvers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duxvolantis
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

storeylf wrote:
You have it wrong on point 3.

You have it how I thought it was, as that is how the rule book states we should read terms such as "have enough energy available", that you have to have energy tokens available on impulse 8 that could have been used to pay for it. However, after a debate it turns out that it was meaning you have to have energy producing boxes left that could generate the power for it next turn.

Thank you. I suppose that will be out in RRB7 Razz
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the clarification (or at least an attempt at clarification) should be in RRB6.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be here, in the last paragraph of (2D4a):

"You can declare EM during the Defensive Fire Phase of Impulse #8 but
delay its activation (and paying for it) to the Energy Allocation Phase of the next turn. However, if your ship cannot generate the energy to pay for EM at that time (it could not declare EM unless it had enough power at the time of declaration), the ship is destroyed by the destabilized warp field" - and that's from the latest PDF version. The points are there but are they together in a connected sense? Hmm.....
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the three pages of discussion on something that could have so easily been summed up. We all spend too much time trying to convince the rules people why we should be right that we screw up this game sometimes. Moot points are moot.
duxvolantis
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang wrote:
It seems to be here, in the last paragraph of (2D4a):

"You can declare EM during the Defensive Fire Phase of Impulse #8 but
delay its activation (and paying for it) to the Energy Allocation Phase of the next turn. However, if your ship cannot generate the energy to pay for EM at that time (it could not declare EM unless it had enough power at the time of declaration), the ship is destroyed by the destabilized warp field" - and that's from the latest PDF version. The points are there but are they together in a connected sense? Hmm.....

that phrase is the one that seems to be causing the confusion as it really seems to say that if you don't have enough energy during defensive fire phase of Impulse 8 (ie: "at the time of declaration") you cannot declare EM then and must wait until defensive fire of Impulse 1.

Indeed, I was pretty sure I remembered reading something here about being able to declare on 8 even if you had, say, 0 energy left. But this specific wording in my shiny new copy of RRB6 seemed to pretty clearly indicate otherwise.

Since it was to my benefit to be able to EM and since our house rule is that all other things being equal the actual printed rules take precedence I had to acquiesce. It turns out I won anyway, but my ship had damage to the paint job that otherwise could have been avoided Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: