Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd FCOL Tournament:Information, Announcements and Deadlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Is this still going on? I know it is too late for me to join, but I might like to come watch the battles Smile
Patrick Doyle
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Paul Scott and I have finished our game, so he is first place and I beleive I am in second place. I am not sure of the status of the other games.

We re close to starting a new one either way, o maybe you can join.

Take care.

storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the Jim/Archer game is a simple win-lose and not a draw then I think the top spots are:

Paul
Jim
Patrick

or

Paul
Patrick
Archer

A draw for Jim would leave him or me in 3rd (after Paul and Patrick) depending on other games feeding into our tie break points.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct for the first scenario.

I'll have to check my spreadsheets regarding the second scenario to see how the tie breaker points work out under that scenario. My recollection is that I would fall to fourth or fifth place.

I'd say the second scenario is more likely at this point.

Archer and I played our first three turns last night and I made a couple of major mistakes in the latter part of Turn 2 and early part of Turn 3. I let Brandon get a shot or two he shouldn't have gotten on my down front shield on my T-Rex. The other mistake was that I lost my situational awareness for a moment and forgot to get off a S Torpedo against his fast approaching, overloaded photon-ready FFG such that it would be costly for him to get within 8 hexes. The good player that he is, Archer has made me pay for those mistakes Smile

Currently, my T-Rex has a lot of internals and a very weak front shield (all of the plasma tubes but the R are gone). His FFG has a lot of internal damage (and has lost its photons). My two HDDs are undamaged and each has one S (and I think one F) ready. His BCJ has a lot of side shield damage. His NCA has some side shield damage. We continue our game on Saturday morning.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/

Last edited by JimDauphinais on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinecone -- We will be starting a new tournament (with some minor modifications to the rules) on July 1st. I will post more on this prior to leaving on vacation on June 8th. In addition, Eric, Paul and a few others are working on a tournament of a different format that we hope to begin in the mid to late fall of this year.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, great! I'll definetly try to be in. Maybe I'll even run some non-feds this time Shocked
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
...Maybe I'll even run some non-feds this time Shocked

Oh no! The Mayans had it right after all! Shocked
The world id ending! Wink
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I was thinking Tholians, so I'd still be using photons Wink
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pinecone! Glad to see you back. Its always fun playing with you.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antoine (aka Brazouck) will not be available until June 7th. I think I have him, but he still has a shot. However, if our results don't really mean anything, I'm willing to call it a draw.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric! Nice to see you again too. Did I miss any good avatars of yours? (Aloha Attack FTW!!! Very Happy ) School is packing up, and I am much looking forward to re-joining the FCOL crowd Wink
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon(Archer) got the win playing the Feds.

Gorn T-Rex was blown up.

Gorn HDDs were undamaged.

Fed BCJ and FFG were left with a substantial number of internals, but unfortunately for me just not quite enough for them to be crippled.

Fed NCA had some shield damage.

We called it at the end of Turn 5 because it was clear that all that Brandon needed to do was open the distance to insure a win.

If my bolted R and S torpedoes from the T-Rex had hit his BCJ on Turn 5 (2 hex range), it would have ben a different story in that we would have had to play the 6th turn to determine the final winner.

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 4 Results as of 6/4/2011:

Code:
  Match   Player 1                          Player 2                      Won           Lost
  -----   --------                          --------                      ---           ----
   4-1    Patrick Doyle   (Lyran)       vs  Paul Scott      (Hydran)      Paul Scott    Patrick Doyle
   4-2    JimDauphinais   (Gorn)        vs  Archer          (Federation)  Archer        JimDauphinais
   4-3    Storeylf        (Hydran)      vs  VulcanDropout   (Romulan)     Storeylf      VulcanDropout
   4-4    orgyockbo       (Tholian)     vs  Jiraiya1969     (Klingon)     orgyockbo     Jiraiya1969
   4-5    Krellex         (Klingon      vs  Mojo_billbo     (Federation)
   4-6    ericphillips    (Frax)        vs  Brazouck        (Federation)
   4-7    gar1138         (Tholian)     vs  Bye             (N/A)         Draw          Draw

All matches need to be completed and reported to Garrett and I by Wednesday, June 15th. (I'll allow to the 15th for this final round).

Thanks,

Jim

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on matches completed do far, I can say with certainty that the top six placers are Paul Scott (The_Rock), Patrick Doyle, Archer, Storeylf, Orgyockbo and myself (in that order).

The rest of the final placement list pretty much depends on the outcome of the two remaining matches.

As noted above, I am giving folks to the 15th to compelte those two matches.

Thanks,

Jim

VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: More ships Reply with quote

I sent in ships for the ISC and Vudar, but who knows when they will be available in the library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: