Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master SSD Book
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravenhull
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Access is the database manager from Microsoft Office (tm/r/etc). I think it came up as acting with the MSC for easily pulling up things like what ships are in what products.

As for the SSD generating program, I understand that isn't what you use, but was just mentioning a pipe dream with no real expectation of it happening. Far more important things for you to work on.

Donovan Willett, USS Alabama
DKeith2011
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenhull wrote:
That said, being able to simply print out the SSD's I want out of the PDFs would be very nice. Does make the 'source' column in the MSC that much more useful.

That it would.

On a related note, is there a downloadable MSC lurking around somewhere that I'm overlooking?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is, it is posted in violation of ADB's rules. So, please don't go looking. And if you find, please tell ADB so they can fix the problem.

Eventually, they will probably put Module G3 on e23, but it isn't there yet.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Jiraiya1969
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenhull wrote:
My dream would be a computer program which you could go in, say you wanted a Fed CAp with 2 extra marines and 3 TBs and it would print out that SSD with those specs. Or at least something that would be a 'build a freighter' program that would let you choose what pods, ducktails and skids and get a single SSD out of it. But that would take a LOT of work by somebody with plenty of skill.

That said, being able to simply print out the SSD's I want out of the PDFs would be very nice. Does make the 'source' column in the MSC that much more useful.

I am surprised that there isn't a SFB data file for army building programs like Army Builder, or at the very least a online utility of some sort.

J69
Jiraiya1969
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Revised SSDs featuring FC-quality graphics? Reply with quote

Has there been any talk of revised SSDs featuring cleaned-up charts with crisper, FC-quality graphics? The current ones work, but I would definitely plunk down coin for something like this.

Regards,

J69
DKeith2011
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Revised SSDs featuring FC-quality graphics? Reply with quote

Jiraiya1969 wrote:
Has there been any talk of revised SSDs featuring cleaned-up charts with crisper, FC-quality graphics? The current ones work, but I would definitely plunk down coin for something like this.

Regards,

J69

I really like that idea.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the time required to update the SSDs. With over 3500 ships, updatign all of the SSDs is a massive under tkaign that would in no way, shape, form, or fashion produce enough income to justify the expense.

Now, if someone were to make a new, updated module T-2K10 with Fc style versions of the Tournament Cruisers. That might generate some interst at the various cons...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: