Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd FCOL Tournament:Information, Announcements and Deadlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I will knock them down a level. They will go to 0.96. Anybody who now wants to change to them at that multiplier level may do so.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm switching to Klingon.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signups to date (4/21/2011):

Mojo_billbo (Federation)
gar1138 (Klingon)
ericphillips (Klingon)
Jiraiya1969 (Klingon)
archer (Orion Pirates)
JimDauphinais (Orion Pirates)
The_Rock (Orion Pirates)
Patrick Doyle (Orion Priates)
Krellex (Romulans)
Brazouck (Romulans)
VulcanDropout (TBD)

The deadline for signups is this Friday the 24th. Initial empire selection is due by that date as well.

We are currently oversubscribed by two players for the Orions. We'll wait until the close of the 24th before raising the point value multiplier just in case we get 16 players by then and nobody else takes Orions.

In the interest of full disclosure, I intend to still take the Orions even at a higher 1.05 multiplier.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/

Last edited by JimDauphinais on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Doyle
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make a plug for the tounament at the sing-along at Origins, see if we can get a few other recruits.

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick -- Thanks!

We are currently up to 11 participants and the Klingons are also now becoming popular (see my updated post above -- we now have three players who have picked the Klingons).

mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who pick the Federation this time?
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, yes.

However, that might change when and if the Orions get booted up to 1.05 due to oversubscription.

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signups to date (4/23/2011):

Mojo_billbo (Federation)
Pinecone (Federation)
gar1138 (Klingon)
ericphillips (Klingon)
Jiraiya1969 (Klingon)
archer (Orion Pirates)
JimDauphinais (Orion Pirates)
The_Rock (Orion Pirates)
Patrick Doyle (Orion Priates)
Krellex (Romulans)
Brazouck (Gorns)
orgyockbo (TBD)
VulcanDropout (Vudar)

The deadline for signups is this Friday the 24th. Initial empire selection is due by that date as well.

I will also allow late signups through Monday the 27th. However, late signups will not cause the point value multipliers for players that signed up on time to rise. If such late signups cause oversubscription, only the folks that signup late will be subject to the higher point value multipliers.

We are currently oversubscribed by one players for the Orions. We'll wait until the close of the 24th before raising the point value multiplier just in case we get 16 players by then and nobody else takes Orions.

In the interest of full disclosure, I intend to still take the Orions even at a higher 1.05 multiplier.

Note that the Klingons now appear to be in the clear in regard to oversubscription as we now have 12 or more participants.

Last edited by JimDauphinais on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: VDO's ships Reply with quote

I emailed back that I'll take the Vudar. Then I got an email asking if Vudar work.

I submited several ship defs, so if there's a mistake in one I can certainly correct it quickly (but how long until the correction gets into the library is anyone's guess.)

If there's a mistake in the client, we'll just have to work around it.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to avoid burdening players with work arounds more than necessary. This is why the rules restrict the Orion and Wyn weapon options to those in the client.

Phil -- Please try to work with Paul Franz to have any issues with the Vudar resolved prior to July 1st.

I will tentatively allow the Vudar as an empire choice. However, I want to reserve the right to require the Vudar players to switch to an alternate empire if Garrett and I judge any remaining issues with the Vudar as of July 1st to be unreasonably burdensome to work around.

pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
Am I the only one who pick the Federation this time?

Not anymore my federation brother! Twisted Evil
VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Vudar and alternate Reply with quote

I'll take Selts as my alternate.

What can I say? I use the tourneys as an excuse to try out new races. I'd pick ISC (actually that was my choice over the Vudar) but somehow the CS that I thought I sent in isn't in the library.

If I can find someone to play soon, I'd like to see what the problem with the the Vudar are. If it's ship definitions, I can fix em. I'm the one who sent in the definitions. If it's the programming in sfbonline, we will have to wait to see.

Phil Moore
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VD - If you want a test game I'll give you a game if we can arrange a time. Happy to play whom ever you'd like a practise game against.
VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: A good time to play Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, you are a UK guy.

At the moment, I'm teaching summer school in the a.m. I should be able to play starting 1:30 p.m. CST (I believe that's 9:30 your time) Monday through Thursday next week. If you are watching the thread right now, we could get started now and play until my wife wakes up.
VulcanDropout
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Problem with Vudar found Reply with quote

The Vudar have Ion pulse generators which run on a capacitor system charged during EA. Problem is, EA doesn't have an box with which to charge the IPG. That is definitely a client issue and one which we'll have to wait for an update.

If you still want to get a game in, I could fly the Selts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: