Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Andromedan activities
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:
The first encounter (in Alpha) with the Andros in SFB is not the same as that in the blurb from War and Peace; a discrepancy I personally find unfortunate.

I think there may have been other "first encounters" with Andromedans prior to (and after) that. There were probably quite a few cases in which a ship or colony was destroyed and the result put down to pirates or space monsters, or the ship's crew simply didn't recognise what it was fighting at the time and the facts were only put together by Fleet Intelligence later.
Capt Jack
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do Andromedans do?

Well, shortly not alot other than getting blown to pieces! Or running away!

They will rue the day, they crossed the Orions Evil or Very Mad

p.s Is there any scrap value to Andro ships?
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrap value for Andro ships? Actually, yes: there was a short story in a recent Captain's Log where a scrap dealer was dealing a 'second-hand' TR beam device. But I will not do any spoilers for it here Wink
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do know that the andromedan's did capture all of the LDR and turned it into a major Bastion.

They also had the desecrator Satellite base.
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang wrote:
Joking aside, the interactions of the Andros with the Galactic races is a largely unexplored area. Try writing some fiction about it and submitting it; flesh them out a bit. But remember that the golden rule is that nobody must ever find out what they look like.....

I recently submitted a short battle report from the Andros' point of view; SVC has it but I don't know if he will publish it. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.....

hehe maybe the Juggernaut was an ancient Andro colony ship..just took a long time to get here from their galaxy and they advanced in the interim.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there one person who actually did see an andro? I read that in W&P, but how did that happen?
Carthaginian
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
Wasn't there one person who actually did see an andro? I read that in W&P, but how did that happen?

I know it was a Federation Marine. I never found the background- in either SFB or FC- but I know that he refuses to speak about it. Now, how he could have simply 'refused to speak of it' has always made me scratch my head... nothing in my military experience says you have a choice about what you 'won't talk about' if someone with enough weight on their collar asks the questions.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure the "he won't talk about it" is more of the "he can't talk about it without descending into blithering madness" or something like that. It is not that he willfully refuses, but rather that, for some undescribed reason, he is simply unable to relate his experiences. He knows, but he cannot communicate it.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
kirbykibble
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there was a Marine who encountered an Andro. He would not speak of it and a VUlcan Mind Meld PRoduces nothing..... Wondered what happened....
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have all seen the Marine in question on television.

He has a seat on the Federation Council, although no one has ever asked him what planet he represents.

The Klingon emperor named a new order of nobility for him, and then awarded it to himself.

No one knew until they saw the photos the next day that his date for the Gorn banquet was a female Paravian.

He invited Kzintis and Lyrans to the same dinner party, twice, and nothing went wrong.

The Romulan Senate named a planet for him, which became the 17th planet in the Alpha Octant with the same name.

He has a seat on the WYN ruling council because he is the one who made the Kzintis and Lyrans get along together.

All three Gorn homeworlds have made him an honorary citizen and named wildlife parks for him.

The Vudar named him as their ambassador to the Klingons.

Orion Slave Girls are seduced by him.

He once rode a Space Dragon across the Neutral Zone, just to pick up a case of beer.

He has made love to females of more than 20 species.

He resigned from the GIA because their undercover missions just weren't exciting enough.

While a Star Fleet Marines, he was captured by (and met) Andromedans, but they released him when they could not outwit him.

He then became the most interesting man in the galaxy.
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Aha. A farm boy.
DKeith2011
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
You have all seen the Marine in question on television.

He has a seat on the Federation Council, although no one has ever asked him what planet he represents.

The Klingon emperor named a new order of nobility for him, and then awarded it to himself.

No one knew until they saw the photos the next day that his date for the Gorn banquet was a female Paravian.

He invited Kzintis and Lyrans to the same dinner party, twice, and nothing went wrong.

The Romulan Senate named a planet for him, which became the 17th planet in the Alpha Octant with the same name.

He has a seat on the WYN ruling council because he is the one who made the Kzintis and Lyrans get along together.

All three Gorn homeworlds have made him an honorary citizen and named wildlife parks for him.

The Vudar named him as their ambassador to the Klingons.

Orion Slave Girls are seduced by him.

He once rode a Space Dragon across the Neutral Zone, just to pick up a case of beer.

He resigned from the GIA because their undercover missions just weren't exciting enough.

While a Star Fleet Marines, he was captured by (and met) Andromedans, but they released him when they could not outwit him.

He then became the most interesting man in the galaxy.

Love those commercials.
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so it's based on a TV advert aired in the Land Of The Free.

OIC...
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, Steve's post is based on a US commercial. While it is a humorous take on the character, there is still a character in the SFU that has seen Andromedan(s) and lived. But, he can't tell about it. It has never been explained why.

They are good commercials, though.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: