Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell us about your e23 purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKeith2011
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC: Omega Commander, FC RRBv6 and SFB C3A rated 5 stars each.

And truthfully, there needs to be more stars for C3A.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll try to remember to tell Petrick about your praise.
ssgbryan
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased & rated the following:
Captain's Log 01 - 10,
Captain's Log Supplements 39 - 42,
Briefing #2 Ship Packs A - D, G,
Federation, Klingon, Romulan, & Orion Ship Packs
Reference Rulebook

Haven't rated the Omega Playtest rules, since I am still working my way through it.

Now if we could just get the SSDs from the Captain's Log on e23.....
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Mark Skarr
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a complete doofus over this. I'm a huge GURPS guy, but never noticed the FC/SFB stuff at e23 until the other day when I saw someone, here, talk about the Reference Rulebook. Needless to say, the moment after I saw that post, I went and bought the RR.

I've picked up the Reference Rulebook, the Omega Playtest book, and some ship packs. I will be getting more ship packs, when I have money.

I have given them all 4 stars, as I reserve 5 stars for items that, actually, take my breath away (I'm looking at you GURPS Horror). I'm going to take a long, hard look at the Omega Playtest book, as I'm planning on a GURPS Supers/Prime Directive mashup game, here in a couple of months, and that might be a fun way of evening the playing field so people with some Star Trek knowledge won't have an advantage over those players who don't. Yes, some of my players have not seen any of the Star Trek movies or TV shows (I have a couple of young'uns in my group).
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased FC and SFB MRB a while ago. Adding this note so you have a record.

Also, I was reasonably interested in the e23 ship packs, and am leaving you some commentary on those here. As of now I have not purchased any.

The ship packs are a great idea. The first batch, however, had a lot of redundancy with the laminated card packs - usually only 1 new card in a batch. Since I own all of those, this was a detractor. Secondly, and really more importantly to me, for whatever reason the e23 cards are not tournament legal. I have no idea why this decision was made, but it was and that is the primary reason I own none of the e23 card packs.

Thanks for listening.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The e23 Ship Card packs are new territory for us. We'll have to see what the "tournament guys" say about using them at the next national tournament. Remember that the FC tournament is still evolving and doesn't have 30 years of development behind it the way that SFB does. Smile

In the meantime, folks have tournaments here on the Forum and all sorts of rules are in play. Some of them may well allow e23 ships, especially the Frax.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, you are wandering far astray from the topic. Please go start a new topic where you can discuss tournament rules and what they should or should not be.

I would remind you that there are many, many SFB ships that are NOT official tournament ships and that if you base your purchases solely on whether you can fly the ship in an official tournament or not, then, in my opinion, you are limiting your experience of the SFU. There have been campaigns and frigate tournaments and who knows what else that use a broad spectrum of ships. That is what e23 tries to provide as sales of under 50 for a pack of cards would not start to cover a print run of 1000.

Now, shoo, out of this topic. Smile
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fine and excellent pHp based board. If I were a moderator here, I would create a new topic called "Official Fed Com Tournament Format" and use my moderator powers to move all of the above discussion there! Wink
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I am at the RL job and hoped to not have to take time to do that. However, it has been done now and I hope all the tournament discussion moves to its new topic On Ships and Tournaments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: