Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Origins podcasts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Apostrophe
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Origins podcasts Reply with quote

I just listened to the Origins podcasts & really enjoyed them.

I hope to be able to attend both Origins 2012 & Gen-Con 2012 & to see everyone there.
Will there be F&E games next year?
Will War & Peace be available?
JonPerry
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the 2nd question, anything is available if you order it a couple weeks before Origins and choose the 'pick it up at Origins' option.

Thanks, Leanna, for throwing those asteroid map boards in the truck for me!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We the podcasts (and no end of announcements and posts) have said, there is no more than a 50-50 chance that ADB will even be at Origins (actually, the odds today are about 30-70, with 70 being "not going") due to the fact that over half of the players won't be there.

We may or may not go to GenCon instead, if we're convinced that other people prevented from going to Origins (by the stupid GAMA decision to change the dates) would be willing to go to GenCon.

I would remind everyone what I have said. avoid making any non-refundable reservations.
bolenbr
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should go to gen con then, Steve. With the new movie coming out and you having the fancy new Mongoose mini's. I would think 2012 would be an excellent year to return to Gen Con (how many years has it been?)
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have not been ENOUGH years since the last time we went. (We lost money and hated every second of being there.)

I hate GenCon. It's noisy, expensive, crowded, and the people there don't like the kind of games we do.

Going to GenCon is a "lesser of evils" situation. The SFU Gamers who loyally go to Origins have said "we cannot go to origins in 2012 because the idiots made the dates unworkable for us", so there is not a LOT of point of doing to Origins. Maybe some, but not a lot. (Anything we sell at origins we would sell by mail order anyway; we go for the people, the people who aren't going.) If (and it's by no means a guarantee) a majority of those people would be wiling to go to GenCon in 2012, then we could "meet the people" there. Like I said, the lesser of evils.

The Mongoose thing has virtually nothing to do with us going to Gencon. Under the contract, no matter which company sells a copy of something, we both get half of the money, so we won't get a dime more by going, and frankly, nobody is going to want to talk to the ADB crew (well, maybe Jean).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: