Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What counts as "the game"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee that was an awesome reply and very well thought out, thank you. For the first time "I get you man". You definitely are on to something with tweaking the tournament scenario rules instead of game rules, at least to start, but I totally dig the idea of a cautious approach to adding anything at all in any facet to our game here. But I am not against adding stuff if after playtesting it makes the game better.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I enjoy scenarios, particularly if there is some sneaking to be done. I have run "Would you buy a used fighter from this man" twice as a competition scenario at the Royal Air Force Wargaming Association, once as a proper SFB scenario, and once as a Fed Cdr scenario. Scenarions like that with multiple players and an opportunity to indulge in a bit of role play ("I'm not called Mad Jack for nothing you know - open fire!") is great fun.
Monty
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the 'game' is the core rules and empires. No middle era, no Omega or BoM. As far as play, tournament or scenarios it doesn't matter to me.
semperatis
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me,it's scenario driven games or mini-campaigns,sorry,but tournaments do nothing for me. I'm not into the competition side of things,I play this game for the fun of it,be it Core,Omega or BoM,it doesn't matter to me,just as long as it's fun to play.

I like the idea of the Omega sector,if you haven't already guessed that, which is why I'm in the process of building the Auroran fleet. Although at first glance it's just a Fed-light fleet,it has enough differences about it to make it interesting.
In the Core system,my main fleet is Federation,backed up by Hydrans, though I have been known to field Klingons from time to time. I also have a soft spot for certain Orion ships,especially the little DBR,which is like flying an unrefitted Fed DD.
At the end of the day,the game should be all about having fun,in whichever setting or style of play that you prefer.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.

leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

semperatis wrote:
I like the idea of the Omega sector,if you haven't already guessed that, which is why I'm in the process of building the Auroran fleet. Although at first glance it's just a Fed-light fleet,it has enough differences about it to make it interesting.
In the Core system,my main fleet is Federation,backed up by Hydrans, though I have been known to field Klingons from time to time. I also have a soft spot for certain Orion ships,especially the little DBR,which is like flying an unrefitted Fed DD.
At the end of the day,the game should be all about having fun,in whichever setting or style of play that you prefer.

A fantastic job you have done with those scratch builds too, if I might say so. A real pleasure it has been to view those pics! As far as what race, my personal opinion on that is that I like ALL of them even though I'm not that familiar with the Omega Octant. The SFU, which I consider to be "the game", will take me YEARS to catch up to what is already out there. And what a joy it will be!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: