Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concerning HBs and ESGs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Concerning HBs and ESGs Reply with quote

If multiple Hellbores are fired at a Lyran ship, and the Lyran decides to ESG one of the down, do the others automatically hit? Or is the ESG defense done seperately for each Hellbore?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All hellbores in the same volley that was ESG'd auto hit. Hellbores in different volleys are not affeced at all, either by auto hit or the ESG absorbing them.

The Lyran cannot decide to ESG a hellbore, he decides to trigger the ESG against the volley that includes hellbores.

e.g.

-Hydran Dragoon 1 fires all phasers and 1 hellbore at a lyran.
-Hydran Dragoon 2 fires all phasers and 1 hellbore at a lyran.
-Lyran 'me-to' uses 2 points of ESG against Dragoon 1 (it is used as part of the weapon declaration phase and is subject to me-to).
-Dragoon 1 me-to fires his other 3 hellbores at the Lyran. As They are the same volley they will auto hit.
-The Lyran me to uses another 2 points of ESG against Dragoon 1.
-Dragoon 2 does not fire more hellbores as they are a different volley and will not autohit, so he keeps them for later.

Dragoon 1 auto hits with all 4 hellbores, doing 5 + 5 each or 20 + 20 total. The Lyran allocated 4 ESG energgy (16 pts) so the hellbores are reduced to 12 +12.

Dragoon 2 fires his 1. It has to roll to hit, if it does it will hit for full 5 + 5 as well (or whatever damage it does). The ESG has no effect on this volley.

At least I believe that is correct, its been a while since I've had to use those rules.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: