Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photon Torpedoes . . . really?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semperatis
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,you know me,I'm all for them,I've been using conjectural mini-photons for years now. They work really well in the Fed FF with four of them. I'm looking forward to finding a guillible guinee pig to test out the Auroran DN on. Laughing

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.

dharras
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirkSJ wrote:

When fighting said 1 on 1 with a Fed I propose a neutral 3rd party roll 4 overloaded photon dice at range 8 in secret. If all hit, they should declare the fed the winner of the match; if all miss they should declare the other person winner. Then folks can decide what game to play next.

Only if 1, 2, or 3 hit then they should play FC using that roll on the first shot and see who wins. It would save a lot of wasted time.

So why are you letting them get to range 8 and in arc? Confused

That logic has to be the same as fighting a Hydran with stingers and wondering why when your ship gets within range 1 of the Stingers you don't have a ship anymore.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dharras wrote:

That logic has to be the same as fighting a Hydran with stingers and wondering why when your ship gets within range 1 of the Stingers you don't have a ship anymore.

That might depend on whether you are playing on a fixed map or not. On a fixed map you have no choice in the matter, the Fed will get to range 8 and in arc, there is nothing you can do to stop it.
DirkSJ
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dharras wrote:

What Storey said.

Also not every race can effectively stay away and still win. A fusion armed Hydran ship, for example, needs to get pretty close to do anything worthwhile. Even a hellbore ship is pretty ineffectual outside range 8.

At some point you are going to close and at some point he is going to take his shot. Prerolling it just saves time. If they all hit you lose so what was the value of playing it all out and wasting time? May as well just figure it out ahead of time.
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

semperatis wrote:
Well,you know me,I'm all for them,I've been using conjectural mini-photons for years now. They work really well in the Fed FF with four of them. I'm looking forward to finding a guillible guinee pig to test out the Auroran DN on. Laughing
I'd try, just to see that thing in action!!! Cool stuff!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: