Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klingon C8 Dreadnought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Klingon C8 Dreadnought Reply with quote

Klingon C8

SVC wrote: Here is Sandrine's C8 dreadnought.

We have sent her these notes.

Not sure about the center engine strut, but we'll see how the crowd reacts.

Petrick wants the bridge a little lower so that the phasers on the wings are clearly blocked by the deckhouse from firing 360.

Shuttle bay is supposed to be in the deckhouse, not the hull, so change the doors.

Center engine is supposed to have one intercooler on each side, not two on one side and none on the other.

Anything else?

Overall, I think Sandrine got it 90% right on the first try.

Note from Sandrine, she forgot the diamonds on the side panels and will add them.

++

side

rear

front

above front

above rear

underneath

Enjoy!
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I really like this one!

I have no problem with the center strut, I do however think the waist ph-3's need to move outboard a bit to clear the deck house stucture.

Also, I'm still looking for the ADD racks. I like the drone hatches and the seperate bands for the disruptors!

Looking forward to painting a big Kestrel on one of thses!
marcus_aurelius
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice in general!

I am not a fan of the central engine strut, I do like the traditional strut better.

The deflector dish on the bow of the ship seems a bit small.

I really like all of the other new details on the hull. The bottom of the secondary hull seems a bit plain and perhaps some minimal detailing there would be nice too.

So except for my minor comments above, my personal review can be summed up as "WOW!"
Ravenhull
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with either the traditional or new center engine struts.

As for the belly, as I said in the E4 thread, maybe leaving it minimal might be for the best for those who are painting up as Kestrals.

Donovan Willett, USS Alabama
Darkwing
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like how the rear hull is a bit "beefier" than the current mini - that seems more fitting. I wouldn't have thought it, but I *do* like the look of the redesigned deckhouse. Also, I like how the existing detail on the backside of the bridge has been made to stand out (the semi-circular structure at the back of the bridge towers, especially).
I find that I am not crazy about the "lightning bolt" center warp engine strut, but it is not a deal breaker for me.
I also would not mind seeing the warp engines angled in like we have seen on the new D6/7 and I agree that the sensor dish looks just a tad too small, but overall, this is a great looking ship.

Tice Leonard, U.S.S. Lexington & IKV Annihilation
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall cool, but to echo some of the previous posts:

Do NOT like the center-strut. Also, it would be nice if all the engines are at the same level.

Secondary hull a bit to chubby...hope it is slimmed down...too much of a belly.

Sensor/Nav Def to small and the pod portion of the boom seems a bit small when compared to the "decking" mounted on top.

Also too much detail on the hull. Prefer the smoother lines of the original perhaps with a FEW minor mods/details.

Not sure why the engines have "double disruptor bands" on the front/tips?

Luv the drone launch ports and hope the shuttle bay door are enlarged a bit when moved to the deckhouse, but the angle of the rear of the deck house isnt changed.

Concerning the impulse engines. I like them very much, but could the details be recessed into the hull vs protruding outwards? Maybe with a slight protruding ridge or band around each engine?

Last edited by Burning Chrome on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
CanisD
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The center strut needs to go one direction or the other, not both. Looks out of place with the flow of the rest of the design.
semperatis
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the whole,this looks very nice,but I'm not too sure about that centre engine strut,it looks too weak to me. Personally,I'd swap the rear hull detail from the upper surface to the underside of the rear hull. The boom bulb is too small in relationship with the rest of the boom,possibly increase it's size by 10-15%. I like the split disruptor bands on the front of the engines,that's a novel way to show the twin mounts. Cool

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.

MacrossMartin
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering just doing Feds for myself with the 2500 miniatures; there's already two Klingon players in my little group. But seeing this... I'd be a fool fighting in a burning house to resist!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: