Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation DNG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Federation DNG Reply with quote

SVC wrote: This new design strikes me as powerful, much like an Iowa-class battleship (the most beautiful warship ever built).

side

rear

front

below

above rear

above front

Enjoy!
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool.

Isn't the shuttle bay above the NavDef/Main Sensor (as well as one of those on the stern of the secondary hull) and aren't their two smaller sensors on either side?

Personnally, I never thought that design made much sense and like this setup better.

I wish the "exposed flux chillers" or what ever that portion of the nacelle is called was pointing down or up...not either the left or the right side.

These minis are going to be impressive. Very Happy
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this secondary hull as is. And I'm really glad that Sandrine has done an updated version of the FJ DN saucer. It's spot on IMHO.

Mongoose can use the orginal secondary hull with the forward shuttle bay for the DN or DN+.
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Have to mention that I think the thicker neck connecting the hulls is a very cool idea for this ship. Helps give it that Fullback look. Very Happy
Thenur
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
semperatis
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice DNG,that looks spot on. Cool

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.

Ravenhull
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the location of the shuttle bay, this was talked about on the FB threads, so I'll put it here too:

Quote:
SVC wrote: The shuttle bay is on the back because I told them to put it there (because forward is stupid, being the only forward-facing bay on a warship in the SFU), and it's staying there.

I don't want Sandrine and Matthew blamed for fixing the forward bay nonsense; that was me.

(Please note the SVC wasn't thinking about the Kzintis when he wrote this. -- Jean)

Donovan Willett, USS Alabama
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote Darth Vader, "I want that ship!"
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenhull wrote:
Regarding the location of the shuttle bay, this was talked about on the FB threads, so I'll put it here too:

Quote:
SVC wrote: The shuttle bay is on the back because I told them to put it there (because forward is stupid, being the only forward-facing bay on a warship in the SFU), and it's staying there.

I don't want Sandrine and Matthew blamed for fixing the forward bay nonsense; that was me.

(Please note the SVC wasn't thinking about the Kzintis when he wrote this. -- Jean)

Thanks! Glad the forward bay is gone!!! Never liked it either...could you imagine trying to coordinate shuttle ops while underway or in combat?

DN U.S.S Concordat, some where on the Klingon front during the General War...

Science Officer: "That last disruptor salvo has finished the Sargon, Sir. She's drifting, debris and reactor breaches have made readings difficult...but it appears that escape pods are launching from several loca.."

Crewman: "Captain! Another drone wave launch from the Klingons...drones from the D7D have acquired us and are closing fast! "

Captain: "What!?! Closing on US? What the hell happened to the weasel we just launched!?!"

Another crewman: "Checking now, sir. Looks like its wrapped around the left warp nacelle strut...whats left of it anyways..."

Helmsman: "We must of snagged it with the rapid-decel manue..."

Captain: "Yes, yes...<expletive deleted>. When I find the engineers who thought that a forward mounted shuttlebay was a good idea I'll..."

Weapons Officer: "Sir! That makes ten drones targeted on us! Forward, port side phasers still charging...with the Sargon gone and Exeter engaged with the D7C, we're exposed and <expletive deleted>...your orders?"

Communications Officer: "Captain, flag bridge. The Admiral is demanding to speak with you. She's..."

Captain: "Not now damnit! Raise ECM to maximum! Engineering! Poor on the power to manuevering as it becomes available. Weapons! Remaining phasers to defensive mode and power to all tractors! Coordinate with sciences to determine drone destruction priority! Helm! Keep the forward shield to the D7D as she bears on us but watch for that damn F5 to flank us..."

Razz
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bit of short fiction there. Now you've made everybody want to know how it ends.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Not well I'm guessing. Very Happy

I agree that I always felt the forward facing shuttle bay was a little odd, though I sort of had the impression it was a carrier sort of effect, maybe the shuttles could pass through the ship?

Anyway, this seems to be a marked improvement over that, I like it. And it DOES look mean... I wouldn't want to face that ship down! Very Happy
Ravenhull
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought about it before now, but can you imagine using droughs out a forward facing bay?

Donovan Willett, USS Alabama
MacrossMartin
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would drones launch from a shuttlebay, or through their own launch system? Heck of a problem if you lose the remote for the roller door...

Hello all, old SFB'er here, returning to the fold after many (many) years away.

And WHY have I returned? Scroll back up to the images at the top of this thread, and there's your answer. I have not been this enthused for saucers, nacelles, and booms for a heck of a time. But now I surely am!!

(To be honest, I think I should declare that I run an online miniatures business here in Australia, and hope to carry these Starline 2500 lovelies in my range. Oh Lord, give me the strength to not buy all my stock for myself if I do...) Laughing
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacrossMartin wrote:

(To be honest, I think I should declare that I run an online miniatures business here in Australia, and hope to carry these Starline 2500 lovelies in my range. Oh Lord, give me the strength to not buy all my stock for myself if I do...) Laughing
I hear that, if I ever owned those, I don't think I could bring myself to sell 'em! Welcome aboard, BTW!
DKeith2011
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never cared for that style of saucer but that is a pretty render.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: