Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organized play league in Denver Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Knoke
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Organized play league in Denver Area Reply with quote

Arrow Very Happy Greetings Gentlebeings,

If you are reading this, I assume you:

A.) Play "Federation Commander,"
B.) Are looking for other players out there,
C.) Live in the Denver Metro Area.

I am trying to get an organized play league established at Attactix, in Aurora, CO. I talked to the owner yesterday, and we are going to start off doing monthly demos--- starting on Saturday, August 11, 2007. It is scheduled from 12 to 4 pm. He feels that there are a LOT of people who are buying the game (especially from his store) that may not have actually played it. He also feels that there is enough interest to start a league.

If you are an active player-- or looking to learn how to play-- I urge you to come by and say hello, and throw some dice around with us. Weekends at Attactix are typically busy with "Magic" and Games Workshop gaming. Allowing us into the weekend fray is evidence that a League there will work!

The first few months will include: demos, published scenarios, etc. in order to generate interest and promote what we are trying to accomplish.

There is not an age limitation for organized play. Since the proposed league is at a store (per ADB guidelines), it is a "safe" place to meet other players. Who knows... you might even live down the hall/street/rural route from another player.
Very Happy
StarKiller
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I know Attactix, I bought some FC stuff there in June. I'll come up from the Springs (even though it's not your target market) to play & help out.
Robert Knoke
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked! I'm sure I can use an experienced hand. Even if we don't get together for a game... we can work out how we might handle a crowd. I know at least six of my daughter's friends who are interested!

The owner tells me that A LOT of copies are sold at his store. Just feeling out interest over the last week and a half convinced him to give this a try. We may have a good turn out! Laughing
Scott Johnson
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Denver and Colorado Springs area opponents? Reply with quote

I live in Castle Rock, CO. and am looking for opponents for FC and SFB.
Will journey pretty far for a good game.

Scott Johnson
sejembalm@yahoo.com
Aabh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

New to FC (Used to play old SFB a LOOOONG time ago, like 80s long ago)

We have a team of 4 people who are starting to get into this (Two of us are pretty into it, the other two are sort of into it... we'll have to see).

I'm up in Arvada, but the other folks are in Thornton, Lakewood and Englewood, we are kinda used to toodling all over town. Smile

Are you still doing games at Atactix?
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it was said on the legacy forum that attaktix has shut its doors.
Aabh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... that was on the other side of town from me.

So, that said, Valhalla's is still open (It's on the North side of town at 44th and... I think Ingalls? Between Lamar and Ingalls on 44th). Would anyone want to go there every so often and play?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: