Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starfleet Marines Uniforms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CmdrKiley
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Starfleet Marines Uniforms Reply with quote

Are there any examples of Starfleet Marine Uniforms out there?

Do they have a different department color than the other Starfleet Uniforms (i.e. Gold = Command, Red = Support Services, Blue = Sciences)?

I've been working on painting up some minis recently and now that I'm done with the standard fleet minis, I'd like to tackle some Marines and Prime Team members.

Any suggestions?
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marines are the guys in red shir - aaaargh! Laughing

In the SFU, marines are redshirts. On the cover of the upcoming Star Fleet Marines game, they are depicted as wearing something similar to 21st century infantry battle dress with futuristic looking personal armour over the top of it (chestpieces, greaves, helmets etc).
Mr_Tricorder
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type/scale minis are you painting? I had a hard time finding suitable minis for the Prime Directive game I've been working on, so I'm going with paper minis. Would you mind posting some pictures?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw the pictures in the other post. Fantastic job!
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on ADB's FB there is a peice by Adam Turner that shows some SFU Marines in battle uniform.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=439894938279&set=a.297889983279.146185.231728653279&type=1&theater

And Modul M shows a camouflage version on its cover.
Mr_Tricorder
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phdillman wrote:
on ADB's FB there is a peice by Adam Turner that shows some SFU Marines in battle uniform.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=439894938279&set=a.297889983279.146185.231728653279&type=1&theater

And Modul M shows a camouflage version on its cover.

Pretty cool. Reminds me of some of the armor on Star Trek Online.
CmdrKiley
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm using some of the old minis that Harlequin (now Black Tree Designs) made for Task Force Games some time back. They were done by one of my favorite sculptors. Great sculpts, however I'm not too keen on some of the poses and the weapons look a bit too contemporary. These are long since OOP however.

I've also been using some of Victory Force Miniatures Spacefarer line. They have some marine figures in space suits. BTW, those are some of the OOP Last Unicorn Games Next Generation era figures in the background.

I've made most of my crew figures from VFMs Spacefarers and Mega Minis Starship Crew lines.

And I've taken the Alternate Universe version of the Spacefarers (same sculpt, just some extra medals, a dagger, a sash and maybe an evil goatee) and painted them up to look like Klingons.

Last edited by CmdrKiley on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
CmdrKiley
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's my Marines completed. I mixed them with my Victory Force Spacefarers that I painted to look like Starfleet Crew. These are the official Star Fleet minis that were put out by Task Force Games a long time ago. I contacted Black Tree Designs about them recently and they stated they were considering putting them back into production, but not any time soon.

As recommended I kept the red shirt by using it as the under shirt under the armor plating. I sort of went with the blue-gray coloring as it sort of reminded me of DS9/TNG era uniforms during the Dominion War.

I'm not too keen on the weapons as they just look a bit too contemorary. Also the poses in the back with the SMG in each hand I wasn't too keen on either. The weaons I painted in dark grays with silver trim to try to tie them in with TOS vintatge phasers. If anything they do sort of resemble some of the art that was in one of the recent Captain's Log which had a short story of a Marine unit that had to board a Romulan ship and destroy it's Plasma Torpedo Tube before it got enough power off to launch it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: