Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation Police Ship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Federation Police Ship Reply with quote

The Federation police ship (preliminary draft) album is now complete: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150322488853280.360893.231728653279&l=f76c921931

The discussion on the BBS has been lively and can be read here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/27411/28339.html?1317309901

Enjoy!
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the discussion "has been lively"? Do you ever have a knack for understatement!

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i'd say productive and professional.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve! How staid! My description is much more interesting. Very Happy
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly been animated. I agree though that it's always been civil and focused (unlike the discussion of the original DNG model, which got out of hand - things have improved since then).
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Federation Police Ship Final Draft album is now complete: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150330925298280.362602.231728653279&type=3&l=ff1af9f6ca

You may read the comments on the BBS here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/27411/28491.html?1317880244

Jean
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with it. If there's time, I'd make two very minor tweeks, but they are _not_ important enough to delay the project. I'd move the belly phaser back to mid-point of the cylinder, and I'd sink the bridge just a tiny bit more into the forward hull. I'm already starting to layout the new deck plans to match.

Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I'm getting started on new deck plans for the Fed POL. This will be the third serious attempt, not counting the time I upgraded my software. Let me show you how it's grown over the years:

http://members.cox.net/garth.getgen/Cutter/Growth.gif

The top version was done on a 1:1000 scale directly off the line-art in Scenario Book One (page 7). The ceiling heights were 2.50 meters (about 8'3"). This boat would have worked "okay" with the 60-man crew size, but was far too small for the newer 100-man crew.

The second version is 98% done and sent to SVC for review, but we have since determined that the size is too small compaired to the new Starline 2500 mini. The ceiling heights on this increased to 2.75 meters (about nine-foot).

The third (and hopefully final) version kept the 2.75 meter / 9' ceilings (mostly) but added another deck. I may tweek the length once I get into the room layout, but the diameter of the cylinder is pretty well nailed & glued down. I don't think it's 100% exactly to Sandrine's mini, but it's at least 95% the same.

The dark blue hull plates are 50cm (20") thick (I didn't fix the colors on the first version), and the lighter blue deck plates are 25cm (10") thick. The main back-bone deck plate is 50cm, as are the floor of the shuttle bay and impulse engine compartment. The red rectangles indicate where the warp pylons mount to the body.

I may post cross-section views later, but I will NOT be posting any top-down views of the deck layout. If I were to do that, the whole thing becomes unpublishable.

djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing it in a CapLog or PD, someday, Garth.
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. I've learned a lot from trial and error how to do things better, and I have a feel for how big rooms and such have to be, so I hope it will fall into place much faster this time. My goal is to get it done in time for the spring-2012 Capt Log.

One issue is format. Whatever I come up with, I need to send to Nick and have him transcribe it into a format ADB can use. I'm using an old program called FloorPlan Plus (version 2). I can copy-&-paste into PaintShop Pro to save as GIF, or I can export it as DXF and pull it into TurboCAD v9 and save to a standard format. But we haven't had success with ADB reading those into their Mac computers.

If you're wondering why I don't draft it in TurboCAD, it's because I find FloorPlan Plus much faster and easier to use.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: