Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starline 2500 questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Starline 2500 questions Reply with quote

Okay,

Burt and I are looking at the new minis and our anticipation is building. Some questions have arisen.

Will the CAs of each race(empire) be available like in Cruiser Boxes 1 & 2?

How much will the CAs cost?

Will the CAs (that are in production) be available for Christmas?

What size playing surface is recommended for ACTA?

Thanks
Matt
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Starline 2500 questions Reply with quote

malleman wrote:
Okay,

Burt and I are looking at the new minis and our anticipation is building. Some questions have arisen.

Shoot!

Quote:
Will the CAs of each race(empire) be available like in Cruiser Boxes 1 & 2?

Not right now.
The plan is to duplicate the Squadron / Border boxes.
The cruisers (and other minis) will be available separately... although they will cost a bit more.

Quote:
How much will the CAs cost?

According to info from Mongoose: $14.99

Quote:
Will the CAs (that are in production) be available for Christmas?

Preliminary release dates indicate Federation, Klingon, Romulan, and Kzinti releases pre-Christmas. No release dates for the Gorn, Tholian, or Orions - but I'd think they'll be out by Xmas as well.

Quote:
What size playing surface is recommended for ACTA?

Recommended playing surface area is based on conflict size...
1,000 points (or less) per side = 4' x 4' surface
1,001 to 2,000 points per side = 6' x 4' surface
2,001 plus points per side = 6' x 4' (or larger) surface.

Quote:
Thanks
Matt

You're welcome

Last edited by Scoutdad on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Monty
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more is nearly twice the price of a 2400 mini.

Does that mean a Border box will go from $99 to $200 and a Squad box go from $34 to $68?
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monty - What has not been released is the number of units in a blister pack. i have a feeling that the Fed CA in 2500 will probably contain 2 CAs as opposed to the current 2400 price of $7.95 for 1. The 2500 Squadron boxes are actually going to be cheaper than the 2400 Squadron boxes at $29.99 as opposed to the current price of $34.95. Border Boxes only SVC really has a ideal just yet what the final price of those will be, but for $99 you will get 16 Ships and a mini rulebook for ACTA:SF so i am sure Boarder Box (With 24ish Ships) will be a little more than that.

What I really am hoping to see evenntually is a Squadron Box done up as a Battle Group or a Gunline with 6 smaller ships (Like CLs, CWs, DDs, DWs, FFs, or Pols) to match the exsisting Squadron Boxes of Heavy units. So you can put together pretty solid fleet of like 11 ships with just 2 boxes.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with Dal on this one.
CTA is a fleet game, not an individual ship based game.

Since we haven't seen the contents of the boxes or blisters yet, I'd guess that they will contain at least two minis and maybe three of the smaller ones.
trynda1701
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a question I posted over on the BBS Discussion board...

"What do people think about having a thread on the discussion board (and one on the Fed Comm forum) where we could collect tips about how to build and paint the new 2500 line. Plus any problems people are finding with their preferred modelling materials, which could advise new players and customers. (I know it would be called a sticky thread on the Fed Comm board.)

Yes, there are comments answering peoples enquires earlier on this thread, but maybe it would be handy to collect all that information in one place? It could be added to/edited by the moderators to keep it clean and informative
. "

Thoughts, people?

Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's already a thread for Starline minis on both the BBS and on this forum. Any relevant posts can go there.
It would be easier on this forum where subthreads can be created by anyone and each post would move it back to the top of the queue.

And while I'd like to see such a thread with the important info kept and the dross deleted, who would do the pruning? And who would decide what was dross and what was gold? The info I consider trivial and topic-cluttering might be of vital importance to you or someone else.

What might be better is this: Steve has requested that i update the painting guide text on the website. I intend to scroll all the painting / minis threads before hand and to include as much relevant info as I can. After its posted, we can get SVC to create an AAR (after action report) topic for the new guide. Once suitable time has passed and comments/suggestions are made, the actual guide can be revised to reflect the customer requests.

Also, if you're looking for modeling /building info - there several threads on the BBS:
Miniature Kit Bashing
Miniatures - Decals
Miniatures - Painting Data
As well as the Miniatures - General Discussion thread.

and of course theres the new Starline 2500 thread.
trynda1701
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Scoutdad

That would be another way to do it. My original thought would be to do similar scrolling thru the threads, and collate only tips and hints in the actual sticky thread. But your suggestion works as well.

My reason for mentioning this was because of the possible differences between techniques used on pewter/lead miniatures, and those you can use on the new resin 2500 minis. Yes, the basics are the same, but what about the differences? Eg, what if you want to repaint a mini. Can you strip a resin mini in the same way as a pewter one, if you can at all. My personal experience is only with lead or pewter minis.

Do you see what I mean, Tony?

Mark

Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I saw where you were coming from and what you were after, I'm just not sure how efficient it would be to keep trolling through thread after thread to continually updatethe sticky.
And if the sticky is open to posting, it will eventually become unwieldy and full of extraneous information.

That's the biggest problem with an open forum.
Things tend to sprawl in a free-form manner making it difficult to go back 6 months later and find the crucial post you know good and well that you saw.

TLT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: