Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

federation commander campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the campaign has found some new memebers and it looks as if NOvemeber 14th is set as the first campaign turn.

updates should start from there.

PM
Sir Drake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice too see you are getting the campiagn up and running again , hope they have as much fun playing in it as I did!
From the Movie ZULU
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is GREAT to hear from you, i hope so as well, our campaign was amazing, and the Hydrans will never be the same without you at the helm.
Commodore Mendez
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: I love these pics!!!! when does the new campaign start??? Reply with quote

PallidaMors wrote:
The Romulan attack on the Lyran held level 6 system was played last night. the fleets started about 45 inches away and headed fairly straight at each other with the Romulans at BLS of 16 and the klingon and Lyrans at 24. the Defenders launched 9 drones at the outside fire hawk on impulse 5 or 6. The Romulans fired phasers at the drones on impulse 7 damaging 3 and killing 3 then went evasive. on impluse 8 the defenders Alpha striked the war eagle in the center of the Romulan formation with disapointing results. The war eagle had it front shild knocked less than half was down due to bad rolls, evasive modifiers, range and some sub par ship stats. that was the end of turn one which passed very quickly.

At the start of turn two the roms finished loading all torps and declared BLS of 16 again, and the Klyrans went with a BLS of 24. it got very interesting here. the Klingons put their 3 E -4s out in a gun line ahead of the rest of their ship as bait for the Romulans figuring they would be ignored and could harras the romulans latter or be killed and the Lyran reserves could be brought in to replace them if they where diroyed. The rest of the Klingon ships and the Lyran started a saber pass. A second wave of drones were fire and the defending fleet focused fire on the war eagle again. the romulans got to close range the the E-4s and gutted 2 of them with directed fire to keep them on the board and in play

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/eagleintrouble2.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/eagleintrouble.jpg
War Eagle in trouble

the war eagles launched their R torps one at the center E-4 that didn't get gutted and one at the Lyran CW. the lest tof the romulans heald their torps.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/eaglesrevenge.jpg

the 2nd war eagle took the rest of the klingon ire but manage to stay alive bearly. With the threat of 450 points of torpedoes and romulans with plenty of power and unable to bring reserves in the remaining Klingons and Lyran ships had to flee the table

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/endofturn2.jpg

oh and the battle hawk came on in reseve for the Romulans after the war eagle died and was able to capture one of the drifting E-4s . The Condor hdn tracktored the other and captured it later as well.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/mainendofturn2.jpg

I am sure I missed alot in this post but onr thing. This was a great game and all the players played great and good sportmanship abounded.

the campaign map now will look like this at the start of the next turn

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/mapturn11.jpg

PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: I love these pics!!!! when does the new campaign start?? Reply with quote

Commodore Mendez wrote:
PallidaMors wrote:
The Romulan attack on the Lyran held level 6 system was played last night. the fleets started about 45 inches away and headed fairly straight at each other with the Romulans at BLS of 16 and the klingon and Lyrans at 24. the Defenders launched 9 drones at the outside fire hawk on impulse 5 or 6. The Romulans fired phasers at the drones on impulse 7 damaging 3 and killing 3 then went evasive. on impluse 8 the defenders Alpha striked the war eagle in the center of the Romulan formation with disapointing results. The war eagle had it front shild knocked less than half was down due to bad rolls, evasive modifiers, range and some sub par ship stats. that was the end of turn one which passed very quickly.

At the start of turn two the roms finished loading all torps and declared BLS of 16 again, and the Klyrans went with a BLS of 24. it got very interesting here. the Klingons put their 3 E -4s out in a gun line ahead of the rest of their ship as bait for the Romulans figuring they would be ignored and could harras the romulans latter or be killed and the Lyran reserves could be brought in to replace them if they where diroyed. The rest of the Klingon ships and the Lyran started a saber pass. A second wave of drones were fire and the defending fleet focused fire on the war eagle again. the romulans got to close range the the E-4s and gutted 2 of them with directed fire to keep them on the board and in play

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/eagleintrouble2.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/eagleintrouble.jpg
War Eagle in trouble

the war eagles launched their R torps one at the center E-4 that didn't get gutted and one at the Lyran CW. the lest tof the romulans heald their torps.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/eaglesrevenge.jpg

the 2nd war eagle took the rest of the klingon ire but manage to stay alive bearly. With the threat of 450 points of torpedoes and romulans with plenty of power and unable to bring reserves in the remaining Klingons and Lyran ships had to flee the table

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/endofturn2.jpg

oh and the battle hawk came on in reseve for the Romulans after the war eagle died and was able to capture one of the drifting E-4s . The Condor hdn tracktored the other and captured it later as well.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/mainendofturn2.jpg

I am sure I missed alot in this post but onr thing. This was a great game and all the players played great and good sportmanship abounded.

the campaign map now will look like this at the start of the next turn

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/mapturn11.jpg

We are glad you like
Eric Lakin
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been examining the Empire/Code of War rules in detail in preparation for the upcoming campaign locally, and have a few questions.

Empire

Light Dreadnoughts don't count against the 200+ limit in the "rule of 10" for ships -- so what do they count as? A 1300-200 ship? Any ship? Not counted in rule of 10?

A couple locations refer to only frigates being able to explore - since each empire starts with a 130+ ship that can explore, i assume this is left over from earlier versions?

When assigning new ships to explore, where do these start - the home system? Do they have to spend time moving through explored space (2 hexes per turn) to get to unexplored space?

In the base Empire rules, is it possible for an empire to field more than 6 ships in a single battle (DN or BB with a command rating of 5, and 5 other ships)? Can multiple command ships work together (such as a DN w/ command 5 & a CC with command 4, plus 9 non-command ships)?

Repaired ships may be placed with a border fleet with a star base. How are starbases part of border fleets? Starbases occupy a System (hex), so does the hex have to be on a border? If it's on two borders, is it part of both border fleets? are starbases not adjoining a border not in any border fleet?

Dreadnoughts (with the exception of Light Raiding dreadnoughts) cannot be assigned to patrol or raid. I assume Battleships have the same restrition against patrol & raid? What about fast battleships (klingon B9)?

A single ship of 130+PV can devastate a world, rendering it uselss for the remainder of the game. Howver, it takes 500+ PV of ships per turn to reduce the system level by 1?

Wartime economy - When not at war, only 50% of economy can be used for ship/base construction. Does repairs/upgrades to ships, research or hiring orion raiders count as "worthy endeavors" that can be used with the remaining 50%?

After being in a wartime economy for 4 turns, how long does one have to wait before going into wartime economy aagain?

Does wartime economy limit count against the home system PP of 100? As the home system doesn't require freighters, and the wartime economy 50% is also the portion affected by freighter availability, i'm guessing no. But, it doesn't say the home system is exempt Wink

Are trade alliances affected by Wartime Economy? Do empires have to be adjacent to trade?

Are freighters represented on the table during raids? If so, would destroying a freighter on the tactical level have any benefit, since the "Raid Results" chart determines how many freighters are lost?

Code of War

Admirals of 4 or higher need to be assigned to a DN/BB/SB, or they only have the effectiveness of a level 2 admiral? Should be level 3 i think?

Exploration costs 1 command token. Is this the cost to assign a ship to explore, or the cost per turn per ship that is exploring?

When creating a fleet, the fleet must be assigned to a border or home system, and it must be in supply. Is a border considered in supply as long as at least one system (hex) is in supply?

That's probably enough for now!
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Lakin wrote:
I've been examining the Empire/Code of War rules in detail in preparation for the upcoming campaign locally, and have a few questions.

Empire

Light Dreadnoughts don't count against the 200+ limit in the "rule of 10" for ships -- so what do they count as? A 1300-200 ship? Any ship? Not counted in rule of 10?

the first LDN is a free ship in term of counting against the overall fleet infrastructure whcih is relfected in the rule of 10, subsequent purchases of LDN's after then first do count against the overal rule of 10.

A couple locations refer to only frigates being able to explore - since each empire starts with a 130+ ship that can explore, i assume this is left over from earlier versions?

Correct, it was a revision in 1.4 and i missed it.

When assigning new ships to explore, where do these start - the home system? Do they have to spend time moving through explored space (2 hexes per turn) to get to unexplored space?

New ships are assigned exploration roles directly from the ships that are curently assigned to a border (which ship and which border is the players choice) they will always be assumed to either on a border fleet or home fleet. border fleets would most likely be adjacent to empty space or an other empire and would start moving into the adjacent empty space. if for some reason the player activated a home fleet ship in the role of exploration thier first move would be to re-position the ship to the appropriate border fleet then move it from thiere into empty space. so no there woul dbe no 2 hex per turn movement through your won space to get to unexplored space. that is the real key to this game overall ther is NO hex movement really at all. the game can then be put away and not need to be kept up with lots of counters and hex positions, just records of assignement and role.

In the base Empire rules, is it possible for an empire to field more than 6 ships in a single battle (DN or BB with a command rating of 5, and 5 other ships)? Can multiple command ships work together (such as a DN w/ command 5 & a CC with command 4, plus 9 non-command ships)?

no unless the empire hired orion mercanaries or use the joint fleet opeations rule as explained in command and control pg 10.

Repaired ships may be placed with a border fleet with a star base. How are starbases part of border fleets? Starbases occupy a System (hex), so does the hex have to be on a border? If it's on two borders, is it part of both border fleets? are starbases not adjoining a border not in any border fleet?

repaired ships are placed either at the home fleet or to a border that has a starbase. the location of the starbase to a border would need to be 3 hexes there is no movement however this is just to establish supply. so as long as the base is within 3 hexes of the assigned border then the repaied ships could be placed at that border, and yes if the base was within equal disatnace to both borders or adjoined it then you could place the repiared ship to either border fleet. (all ships must be asisgned to a border fleet or home fleet, within those fleets they may ben placed into various roles) there is no hex location.

Dreadnoughts (with the exception of Light Raiding dreadnoughts) cannot be assigned to patrol or raid. I assume Battleships have the same restrition against patrol & raid? What about fast battleships (klingon B9)?

Yes any ships designated with the Fast rating supercedes the resitrictions placed on DN and BB level ships

A single ship of 130+PV can devastate a world, rendering it uselss for the remainder of the game. Howver, it takes 500+ PV of ships per turn to reduce the system level by 1?

the difference here is critical, worlds and systems are two entirley differnt economic models. so yes a planet which is in a system can be devasted by one ship (think TOS mirror Mirror) but a system which is more like a quadrant is a much more vast area and requires more ships to destroy and elimate the system infrasture systems of a rating of 6 are hig in mineral, scientific, and technological infrastructure. (think of reducing a system as the same as scorched earth tactics.

Wartime economy - When not at war, only 50% of economy can be used for ship/base construction. Does repairs/upgrades to ships, research or hiring orion raiders count as "worthy endeavors" that can be used with the remaining 50%?

yes

After being in a wartime economy for 4 turns, how long does one have to wait before going into wartime economy aagain?

6 turns

Does wartime economy limit count against the home system PP of 100? As the home system doesn't require freighters, and the wartime economy 50% is also the portion affected by freighter availability, i'm guessing no. But, it doesn't say the home system is exempt Wink

no it is exempt

Are trade alliances affected by Wartime Economy? Do empires have to be adjacent to trade?

no, and no

Are freighters represented on the table during raids? If so, would destroying a freighter on the tactical level have any benefit, since the "Raid Results" chart determines how many freighters are lost?

yes they are if the players decide to take the battle to the tactical level this has only happened once when a particulary valuable convpy was attacked by the TSE in our old game the defending federation player activated the fast ability on one of his patrolling ships and was able to respod and defend the TSE wanted that convoy and both players decided that this battle was to important to let it be handled by the chart and fought it out. otherwise there is the chart that will resove the combat automatically
Code of War

Admirals of 4 or higher need to be assigned to a DN/BB/SB, or they only have the effectiveness of a level 2 admiral? Should be level 3 i think?

correct

Exploration costs 1 command token. Is this the cost to assign a ship to explore, or the cost per turn per ship that is exploring?

cost per ship per turn
When creating a fleet, the fleet must be assigned to a border or home system, and it must be in supply. Is a border considered in supply as long as at least one system (hex) is in supply?

yes

That's probably enough for now!

PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking once again for any players in the Seattle area who would want to start a long term campaign.
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: assembling FED COMMANDER CAMPAIGN PACIFIC NORTHWEST Reply with quote

PallidaMors wrote:
Looking once again for any players in the Seattle area who would want to start a long term campaign.

please email me if interested.
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: any SEATTLE or GREATER PUGET SOUND GAMERS??? Reply with quote

Interested in rebooting this campaign with me??
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:55 am Post subject: any SEATTLE or GREATER PUGET SOUND GAMERS???
Interested in rebooting this campaign with me??

PallidaMors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:58 pm Post subject: assembling FED COMMANDER CAMPAIGN PACIFIC NORTHWEST
PallidaMors wrote:

please email me if interested.

PallidaMors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 pm Post subject:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Page 58 of 58

Jump to: