Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Operation Unity Updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Operation Unity Updates Reply with quote

Ok where can I ge tthe updated rules on Operation Unity? I would like to include the Seltorians, Jindarians and Vudar along with the races of the LMC in a version of Operation Unity that will come kick some Andro Butt! (Do Andros even have butts to kick?) The rules I have are the original rules published in 1991 for this campaign. I would like to add other ships and see a 6 pronged attack that includes the Omega races,

History would have it that the National Guard forces should be left at home while the big fleets are off fighting. Who are those Guard forces and what do they operate at the the time of Operation Unity? Naturally somebody has to hold down the fort at home. Where would I find the rules that cover all of this? Was it updated since 1991? Please help

Thanks!

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, by the time of Operation Unity there were no Seltorian forces left in the Milky Way. Their Hive Ship was destroyed by the ISC and the Klingons finished off the rest. Jindarians are isolationist and did not participate in Operation Unity AFAIK. Vudar may have sent a token force.

The fleets participating in Operation Unity were not the whole of the main fleets of each of the belligerent powers, only a subset of them, because of the difficulty of supporting large fleets over that distance (all the way to the Magellanic Cloud). So the ships remaining were adequate to maintain security.

The campaign has been updated twice in Cap Log that I know of, and module C3A Andromedan Threat File has updated data for the units in that module.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. I didn't know where to find the information I am looking for . Now as for the LMC races who supported who as far as the GP went?

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The C5 empires haven't been added to the Operation Unity campaign yet, due to the lack of published F&E data for them. (While there were some resistance units left by the early Y200s, it hasn't been nailed down yet how many there would have been to go around.)
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering about the C5 races as my guess would be that there would have need to be some sort of welcome wagon. Even from the TV show, Deep Space 9, we know the Baduvai are known for their silk. We saw that the Eneen had a brief alliance with the Klingons, but because their ships are so different just couldn't see eye to eye. The question is what types of forces were still present in the LMC at the time the GP showed up? Allying with a C5 race would give a tactical advantage to any GP seeing how they could reveal where the Andros are instead of having to go hunting for them. I would see the tactical advantage stalled only by the use of the temporal elevators.
My guess is that the Baduvai would become a Federation ally fairly quickly, while the Eneen would gravitate toward the Klingons, though they wouldn't quite understand it.

I would like to know what Captain's Logs had further info in them on the campaign and also the counter sheets I just got with the Stellar Shadows and such. I need the information on the Imperium and the 8th Air Force.
I'm trying to expand the information here that I have by rounding off the modules and aquiring the Captain's Logs.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm getting at is that when the question of how Module C5 might affect the Operation Unity campaign came up in Captain's Log, it was stated that they cannot be given specific data right now.

In order to say for certain how many were left by Y202, you'd have to know how many units from each navy survived that empire's conquest, and what kind of rate of production the various exile groups had from their asteroid shipyards, and what kind of attrition rate they were suffering due to ongoing Andromedan patrols. And to do that, you'd need to both figure out what kind of economies the various powers were running pre-conquest, as well as the kind of forces the Andromedans had needed to deploy in the LMC in order to crush them.

In other words, you'd need to hammer out some published F&E data for the LMC before you could officially put even a rough number on the numbers involved by the time of Unity.

(As I noted in the Triangulum thread, the Imperium playtest data is in Captain's Log #23.)
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have all the captain's logs yet. I plan on getting them as finances permit. It's nice to know where I can find information though. The ones i have are older and I will likely buy new copies. Some of the older ones had bumper stickers in them do they still come with those?

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the time to put my SSD's into .pdf file and I can print them right out and it cuts down on my old filing cabinet system. If Petrick doesn't have the time to do it, give someone (only one) else a benefit of a new module or something for taking the time to do it. Petrick is only one guy and we love him, but we are limited by humanity in reality.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even from the TV show, Deep Space 9, we know the Baduvai are known for their silk. We saw that the Eneen had a brief alliance with the Klingons, but because their ships are so different just couldn't see eye to eye.

There were Baduvai and Eneen in the TV show?! I'm sure that can't be right, it would be a violation of the license for ADB to include anything from DS9.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More likely they copied SFB!
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that wasn't Tholian silk you're thinking of, Mike?

(To clarify, the Eneen-Klingon thing is from a scenario in Module C5 and was not from the Franchise. But, as it happens, there is a species called the Neyel who were featured in a couple of Franchise-related novels; they have somewhat Eneen-like aspects to them, and are even found in the Franchise-novel take on the Lesser Magellanic Cloud. They were first published after the Eneen first appeared in the SFU, however.)
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one episode where QUARK was talking about Baduvaian Silk at his bar.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
ctchapel
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In DS9 there was a race of Breen that was allied with the Dominion. Their ships were huge and they had to wear enviromental suits. Breen were humanoid Hydrans. Shocked
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the thing here is that the actual use of the word was mentioned in the show. Breen were not mentioned anywhere in the game and Hydrans were not mentioned anywhere in the franchises. Baduvaian silk was mentioned one time and one time only.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
aramis
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
More likely they copied SFB!

Or, like more than a couple novel references, someone forgot where the name came from or heard it in passing from an SFU fan and thought it was a Paramount STU reference.

It is truly amazing how ADB keeps the STU out of the SFU...

... and how the STU seems to keep borrowing from the SFU.

(Thinks back to the Nexus article, Star Trek III: The Search for SFB... and then how my first look at the Ent-D made me think "2X CC!!!" And how NX01 made me think of the Commander's Ed Sublight Game rules for Fed CA's... Complete with Ship's Lasers and Atomic Missiles.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: