Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play Mats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Play Mats Reply with quote

I am looking to get a new game mat. I have found maps online at these two spots, does anyone know any pro/con about them or a suggestion for a better place?

http://www.hotzmats.com/

http://www.corseceng.com/fabric-mats/
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had any experience with the Corsec mats, but I've played many games on many different types of the Hotzmats and never found anythign wrong with them, nor heard anyone complain about them.
archon96
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im considering this when i scroung the money. it would give max flexibility based on how big a game you want at the moment. http://www.kallistra.co.uk/
Valander
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just got a couple of the CorSec mats, one with hexes and one without. I have to say I'm extremely glad I went with them. They're very good quality, and absolutely gorgeous. I did the 2" hex pattern, which I think will be good enough for the vast majority of games.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valander wrote:
I actually just got a couple of the CorSec mats, one with hexes and one without. I have to say I'm extremely glad I went with them. They're very good quality, and absolutely gorgeous. I did the 2" hex pattern, which I think will be good enough for the vast majority of games.

How durable and wrinkle free would you say they are?
IainMcG
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the Corsec mats, but I've had one of the Hotz mats for about 6 years which has taken all sorts of abuse and is still in great shape.

The only drawback might be that they don't do hex overlays on anything larger than 72" x 45".
Valander
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asguard101 wrote:
Valander wrote:

How durable and wrinkle free would you say they are?
Well, to be honest, I've had them all of about two weeks. But, my impression is that they should be very durable, and likely could be hand washed and line dried in extreme cases of dirty, since they are a cotton blend with the images printed directly into the fabric. They are nice and smooth surfaced, and while they had some creases from shipping, they aren't major and mostly flattened out by just leaving them flat on a table.

I am positive they will be more durable than a felt mat, which would have either screen printing or airbrushed images, and felt itself is not terribly durable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: