Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tenneshington Decals - Decals for your ST 2500 miniatures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We expect to have the art for the limited-edition Federation CC Command Cruiser SL2500 mini completed and printing in the next couple of days. That set can be ordered just like any other "individual ship (blister pack)" set. As with all our others, the name and number used is completely per customer-desire.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible (And "no" is okay Very Happy) to request specialized window patterns? I have a Destroyer which has a strange forward saucer pattern of windows. What about McMaster blueprint modifications (I.E. Shuttlebays under the saucer where the "Emergency Landing Skids" are located)? I am totally aware that I may be asking too much Very Happy

2) When you get to the 2400's, would that also cover the Zocchi minis? (I have a TON of those... well, maybe not a ton... but a lot Very Happy)... this may sound strange to the folks that have dealt with 2400s this entire time, but I had bad experiences with metal minis (Warp nacelles bending totally out of shape) in the 80s and so I haven't ever even seen a metal 2400 next to the Zocchi's: I have no idea if they are the same scale or not. Smile

-------
Guy Davis
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aabh wrote:

1) Is it possible (And "no" is okay Very Happy) to request specialized window patterns?

Absolutely you can, but please be aware that these would be done as a custom art request and would incur an additional fee to account for the extra production effort. Also, I'm assuming you're talking about a Starline 2400 Federation DD mini, which is not a set of art we'll be offering for a while.

We are not in a mode to accept these kind of requests, just yet. We're totally focused on making the decals for the new SL2500 resin minis a success, first.

The delays in shipping of SL2500 Fleet Boxes of minis has put our development into a holding pattern. I'm hoping this resolves by the end of February, but at this point it's really up to Mongoose.

When the capacity to accept these kind of projects and also to do decals for the SL2400 minis is available, we will make sure folks know.

Aabh wrote:

2) When you get to the 2400's, would that also cover the Zocchi minis?

Yes, we intend to eventually produce decals for any miniatures that ADB offers for sale (past and future).

Aabh wrote:
...I haven't ever even seen a metal 2400 next to the Zocchi's: I have no idea if they are the same scale or not. Smile

They are intended to be the same 1/3788 scale. There are differences in details and proportions, but they're pretty darn close - casual observers would not be able to tell the difference.

The current metal CC mini uses engines and a rear hull produced using the plastic ones as their basis, combined with a new high-detail computer-modeled/3D-printed saucer. It's an excellent mini.

I personally really love the old plastic "Zochii/GameScience" ships and was quite happy when ADB had "Uncle Lou" dust the old mold off for a new production run.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of that is just fine Smile I'm not in a mode to start working on mini's just yet (Though I did receive my Federation Fleet Box last week, so I now have my first 2500s on hand as well as my 2400s Smile )

I probably won't even think about working on minis until Mongoose releases the NCA. I still have a long way to go before I'm good and ready to start putting decals on ships. So it's all good! Very Happy

But I'm TOTALLY there when you are ready! Very Happy

(I was also so happy to see the old Zocchi's back in production! Very Happy)

Thanks!

-------
Guy Davis
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aabh wrote:
All of that is just fine Smile I'm not in a mode to start working on mini's just yet (Though I did receive my Federation Fleet Box last week, so I now have my first 2500s on hand as well as my 2400s Smile )

I think you mean Federation Squadron box since the fleet boxes haven't shipped yet.
But if it is indeed a fleet box, I'll give you a free decal sheet if you'll let us "borrow" the box of minis long enough to take a set of calipers to the minis we've not yet seen.

Quote:

(I was also so happy to see the old Zocchi's back in production! Very Happy)

Thanks!

Us too.
Aabh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack... I'm sorry... I meant the little box, half a dozen ships. That was a slip of the to...er... finger. Sad

Though I would have happily sacrificed my set to the cause!

-------
Guy Davis
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... We have decals for the Federation Squadron box available right now, if you were so inclined. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: