Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC PDFs on e23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marauder
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: FC PDFs on e23 Reply with quote

I have some new starline 2500 minis and a nice space hex map - can I get everything I need to play Federation Commander from e23?

Does this:
http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB4020

Plus ship packs like this:
http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB4807

Cover everything?

Thanks,
-Tim
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is yes. The Refrence Refrence Book covers all the expansions up thru War and Peace so you would only be missing the last one covering transports and tugs. The other thing is not every ship card is available on e23 yet. But I think the ones covering the squadron boxes are on e23.

Take a gander at the Commander Circle to pick up a few odd play aid like Master Weapon Charts.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/Commanders%20Circle/resources.shtml

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the only rule included in the Transports Attacked booklet (for tugs and LTTs) is already in the current version of the Reference Rulebook; so the RRB should be enough to get you up and running with the array of Main Era Alpha Octant Ship Cards currently in the game.

To clarify, the Main Era refers to the time period in the Alpha Octant running from the start of the General War through the ISC Pacification and the Andromedan Invasion; it's the same default setting as that used in A Call to Arms: Star Fleet and Starmada, where "pre-war" ships (like the Klingon D7) have been given various refits, and the new "war" classes (like the Klingon D5) have taken their place among the Alpha empires' battle fleets.

If you wanted to go further afield, the RRB also incorporates the specifics needed for battles in the M81 Galaxy (such as during the Seltorian Revolt against the Tholian Will); certain Ship Cards will also include the relevant data included on them (such as on Neo-Tholian Ship Cards; which allow for the use of disruptors in the Milky Way, and particle cannons in the home galaxy).

If you want to try the Middle Years (the "TV era"; when the "pre-war" ships didn't have their refits yet, and before the "war" classes were built) you'd need the minor rule adjustments in the Briefing #2 Rules and Scenario Pack to use the various B2 Ship Card packs (which, like this one, are also on e23).

Also, if you ever felt like taking a trip to the Omega Octant (a wild and warlike segment of the Milky Way Galaxy) the current (playtest) rules are over in the FC Omega Playtest Rulebook, though bear in mind that setting is not formally published in Federation Commander at this point in time.
Marauder
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys! I do like the general war setting. I think I'll pick up the rules and download some of those ship cards from commanders circle.

-Tim
Spacecowboy87
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, but think of all the cool laminated stuff you're missing out on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: