Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Starline 2200/2300 Klingon engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koogie
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Looking for Starline 2200/2300 Klingon engines Reply with quote

Looking for 2 pairs (2 left, 2 right) of the old Klingon D7 warp engines, the ones with detailing on both sides. If anyone has any to sell please PM. Thanks.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a pair, plus a C-8 minus the boom engine --
Neither pair is detailed on the inside --

Taking a quick look at SL2200 D-7 in the package, neither does it --
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at my SL2200 B-10, C-8, and T-7 tug (they're at-hand). They used the same engines as the SL2200 D-7.

As Bolo noted, they do not have the "cooling pipes" on the inside. This was probably to make things easier for de-molding (the shape of the supporting "wing" would make those details hard to not shear off the features in the mold).

Obviously the C-8's center engine has the tubes on both sides, but it's flat shape made that more do-able in the mold.

I suppose it's possible that maybe some early Gamescience D-7s has the detail on both sides, but none of TFG or ADB lead Klingons I own do.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some game science D7s and SL2200's with both detailing on the inside and not, so it looks like there were a few molds of each. The ones in the kitbash packs have the detailing, but that is an expensive option just for those pieces.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a one piece GameScience with it on both sides,
have SL2200 in Blue packet and Black packet both without inside mold ---

Can't say what version they are, but the B-10 I have has the molds on both sides, engine piece seems to be the same size as the D-7/C-8 ---

Possible that some engines were molded for B-10s that ended up in D-7 or C-8 packets --

Edited after viewing painted mini:
Took a look at the SL2200 I have painted, it has molding inside and out, got all mine on e-bay, don't recall if it was in a package or not --
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: