Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2500 Klinks vs 2400 Feds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weirdo
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: 2500 Klinks vs 2400 Feds? Reply with quote

Does anybody have any pictures of the new Starline 2500 Klingon ships alongisde older 2400 Federation ships? I was never quite happy with how small the 2400 Klingons were compared to their Federation counterparts, and am wondering how the newer Klingons would look alongside my current Federation ships.

Thanks!
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any comparison pics of the actual produced Klingon minis to share at this time. However, I can tell you that you'll be pleased with the sizing.

The Klingon D-7 was scaled up a fair bit, to match its proportions in the original comparison drawings (from "tv"), etc. I'm one of the folks, like you, who always felt it was a bit too small (even the old Gamescience D-7 was too small) - this was addressed. She now masses about the same as the Fed CA, if not a tiny bit more.

The F-5 was also scaled-up, quite significantly and has a more long/lean design than the old, boxy mini. It looks at lot more like SVC's line art now and is sized to be the "biggest frigate or smallest destroyer" in the SFU.

The other Klingons all follow in-line with what was done to the D-7 and F-5 (since they mostly all use engines from those models).

This pic shows the size of the D-7, compared to the Fed CA and D-5:

This pic shows all the Klingons (at the time), compared to each other:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: