Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be SFMA-online?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Marines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Will there be SFMA-online? Reply with quote

Just askin'.
Very Happy
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to get the board version out first, so someone that might want to try the programing can take a shot at it -- Smile
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, kinda figured.

Was hoping for a near simultaneous release seein' as three of the four guys I was going to be playing it with just went on deployment last Friday. Oh well, still going to get it and bug the hell out of everyone to try it out.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't expect a simultaneous releases, as it was delayed because some things didn't work, probably be some things fixed immediately before it goes to press, easier to make sure the action works correctly on the board before writing it into code ---
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No plans for any kind of release, but after the game is out if somebody wants to program it for use on SFBOL or some other system that pays me a royalty, I'd approve it.
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an alternate way to play online after a fashion, I was introduced to it by some Panzer Grenadier players. Here's how it works:

You need to have a VOIP, chat, or IM service such as skype as well as handy access to a internet connected PC, ( Yes, they are sometimes exclusive), next to where you set the map up. This allows you to use the hamete virtual dice server, ( www.dicelog.com ), or similar service.

You set up the board, telling your opponent exactly where you place your pieces so they will set up theirs accordingly.

Then you go at it, telling your opponent where you move so they can react. It will take a bit to get used to, but it works out pretty well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Marines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: