Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few rules questions that I couldn't find ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt Disruptor
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question that wasn't clear to me is how Evasive Maneuvers take effect. The rule clearly states that you announce EM at the end of any Defensive Fire phase but that it takes effect at the end of the subsequent Direct Fire phase, in effect giving your opponent one last shot without a penalty.

But, when is your ship considered to be under the restrictions of EM (e.g. cannot launch or fire weapons), is it from the point of announcement or when EM takes effect?

In other words, do I get one last shot too between announcement and when it takes effect or do I not get that opportunity?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you both get a last shot before EM kicks in.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the rules differently there,

To follow up then, an Andro could announce EM, fire, then displace and EM would start after the displacement -- Was thinking of a tactical note on that but didn't believe after a reading it was possible --
Capt Disruptor
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, one more that came up last night. As I recall from SFB, if I launched a plasma torpedo it had to move one hex straight in the direction of launch before it could turn. Is that still the case or can it turn or more importantly HET if the target moves on Sub Pulse 1 and sideslips to the side of my ship?

We were nose-to-nose at a range of 1 when we fired alpha strikes and I launched two S torps directly at his down #1 shield facing his ship, obviously. He was moving speed 24, if he had accelerated and side slipped to the right, would my plasmas have turned and hit him on the #6 shield or moved forward and then have to turn to chase him?
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4F3d (with their ability to change direction, restricted to one 60degree turn for every hex they enter)

Being they haven't entered any hexes, they can't turn ---

They are allowed a HET, if they will hit the target (the only time seeking weapons are allowed a HET) ---
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seekers must move straight on the first move, they must also HET onto the target if they can, and that overrides the move straight. So, yes, if you launch and the target cannot get more than 1 hex away it will hit no matter where they are in relation to you as it will HET (barring suicide shuttles).
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt Disruptor wrote:
We were nose-to-nose at a range of 1 when we fired alpha strikes and I launched two S torps directly at his down #1 shield facing his ship, obviously. He was moving speed 24, if he had accelerated and side slipped to the right, would my plasmas have turned and hit him on the #6 shield or moved forward and then have to turn to chase him?

Yes, that's exactly what would have happened Smile Ouch!
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - as it was it didn't really matter since he didn't save enough power to accelerate and therefore took the 60 points in the down #1 shield thus ending the game.

But, I was curious because it could very well have come up had he saved one power. I guess I could have saved a power or two for tractor to ensure it but doing internals was more fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: