Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starline 2500 Announcement 2/20/2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, there aren't new and different issues with metal. There have been problems with flattened shapes, ovalized engines, etc., with spin-cast metal minis for many years.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew posted this over on the BBS:

Hi guys,

Rumour Control!

The metals are using the same masters as the resins, so there should be no drop in detail.

Cloaked ships will be done in resin, though Rob has been surrounding himself with test tubes and weird scientific equipment, madly gibbering about a breakthrough see-through metal he has been working on.

The Condor, C8 and bases will be resin. At the current time, the Fed Dread is metal.

No price changes on the metals. _Potentially_ there _could_ be an increase on the larger singles but, as the large models are all resin, we will likely avoid this.

Those who want resin on their pre-orders can have resin - though we would advise one and all to give the metal a try as it will be good. As for the future... it is our intention to be perhaps offer the entire range in resin for special orders, but we cannot promise anything right now, nor can we promise there would not be a premium on such models (they will need completely new moulds for a start). However, the intention is there.

It will take a little time, but I will see if I can get a metal model painted photographed next to an identical resin one, and we can play spot the difference Smile Lovely test, though we will be concentrating on fulfilling orders first.
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean I can swap my resin for metal?

I have two sets of resin Klingon squadron boxes and both have defects I do not have the materials/skill/time to fix....which is disappointing since the sculpts are excellent in general.
n815e
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, metal!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defective ships can be replaced and I would guess you could ask for metal or resin.
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is excellent news.
Monty
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to hear about the switch to metal.

Will this move have any effect on the current line of 2400's? In any way does it reinforce the existing lines? Any updated molds in the future plans?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: