Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tournament Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

Is there a listing of which SFB rules are for tourneys, or do I need module TR?

Also, my pal gave me an old copy of module T. Are those the same list of tourney rules in there, or has it changed?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the list of rules for the tournament are not on the ADB website. You can get the ships from the tournament download page.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
Apparently, the list of rules for the tournament are not on the ADB website. You can get the ships from the tournament download page.

But are the list of rules used and not used in tournaments changed since Module T was first released in 1993?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericphillips wrote:
But are the list of rules used and not used in tournaments changed since Module T was first released in 1993?

I am not a tournament player, thus could be wrong. But I highly doubt the rules have changed. So, the 1993 Module T should be either correct or close enough on the rules.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most recent rules are in T-2000...
Not the liquid metal one.
saaur
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: You're good. Reply with quote

The rules haven't changed appreciably from the '93 to the 2k printing of Module T.
The only thing that happened was they added some of the newer rules (plasma sabot, carronade, a couple others) to the list of stuff that isn't used. The stuff that is used should be the same.
All the official tournament ships are downloadable for free from http://www.starfleetgames.com/sfb/tournament/tourn_down.shtml#SSD
bakija
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Finally I am successfully registered!

For the sake of clarity in the future, even though it was mostly answered already, I'll post this:

Module-T, the original (well, the second version of the original) SFB tournament module has most of the still current tournament rules in it. A few of the ships have changed slightly in terms of a few boxes here and there (the Lyran TC has 2x360 P3 instead of the LS/RS P3s; the Orion might not have P3s in the wings in Module-T; the Orion and WYN have more restrictions on their option mounts now than they did in Module-T); the Andro is a completely different ship than it was in Module-T. The basic rule restrictions for tournament play presented in Module-T all still stand (the rules on the Tournament Barrier, what rules aren't used, etc.).

Module-T2000 has everything that Module-T has, but then more extra stuff--a strategy guide for all the tournament ships, more kooky convention scenarios, a handful of new playtest tournament cruisers (none of which ever made it into the sanctioned tournament environment). Nothing incredibly significant changed between Module-T and Module-T2000 rule wise; T2000 was mostly just the sexier, more exciting reprint of Module-T.

If you have Module-T, you have most of the tournament information to be able to play (assuming you have the pertinent SFB rules modules) in tournament games. You can download the most recent tournament cruiser SSDs from the main SFB/ADB website, and if you play on SFBOL, all the SSDs re up to date (if you want to try SFBOL out for free, you can go to the site, download the client, and play free demo games using the Fed or Klingon cruisers).

Hope this helps.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it's been noted over on the BBS that an update and revision to Module T is being developed as a "Primary Petrick Project"; which looks like it will be made available on e23 as well as in hard copy.

It might be worth keeping an eye out for that edition, or at least for whatever errata to the old file it may or may not generate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: