Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starline 2500 Gorns with Scales
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Starline 2500 Gorns with Scales Reply with quote

I have started uploading these concept renderings on ADB's page on Facebook.

These would be pre-war Gorns (BC, DL, DD)
[url]
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150658953218280.412249.231728653279&type=3&l=349e72e4d3[/url]
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gorns are one of my favorite races in sfb, i like the pre war gorn scale ships, those are cool Cool
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have begun posting specific pictures of these ships.

Starline 2500 Gorn CL with Scales

I have started uploading pictures to this album: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150673506053280.414515.231728653279&type=3&l=771e2681e

Starline 2500 Gorn BC with Scales

I have started this album on ADB's page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150673075203280.414473.231728653279&type=3&l=b8f8281906

Starline 2500 Gorn BCH on the Wild Side

I am starting this album on ADB's page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150673003003280.414467.231728653279&type=3&l=2ebd614168

Starline 2500 Gorn DN with Scales

I have started loading pictures to this album on ADB's page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150675005578280.414750.231728653279&type=3&l=570d25bbe2

Starline 2500 Gorn BCF with Scales

I have started posting pictures to this album on ADB's page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150675141263280.414767.231728653279&type=3&l=cb407ce78c
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool pics Cool Cool
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear. There is no doubt that the Gorn fleet (and the hydran when they get round to doing them) could use a little jazzing up, but I think this just looks daft.

Sorry!
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

Greebles for the sake of greebles adds nothing.

The "scales" on th DN look like diamond greebles slap-dashedly applied across the hull.

The Gorns have always been a bit plain, which also made them unique.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your problem is, you're saying that in just about the only place Matthew does not read. Post it on the main board and he'll see it. He may ignore it as he likes greebles for the sake of greebles, and thinks that most customers do as well.
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they're ablative armor bits instead of just mere decorations.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He may ignore it as he likes greebles for the sake of greebles, and thinks that most customers do as well.

Matthew should work for Microsoft, they have the same opinion of Windows and their customers ---
Sentinal
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scales could represent escape hatches for life pods or a passive sensor array. If not, how about shield emitters or a kind of bussard collector system used for propulsion.

Since there are plenty of ways to explain what the scales could represent without having to state just what they are, it all comes down to a preference on how a Gorn ship should look.

I think both the "scales" and "wild" looks are just fine.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolo_MK_XL wrote:
Quote:
He may ignore it as he likes greebles for the sake of greebles, and thinks that most customers do as well.

Matthew should work for Microsoft, they have the same opinion of Windows and their customers ---

It would be quite arrogant to assume you know what Matthews customers want better than Matthew does, just because you disagree with the choice. Given that Matthew is still in business in an extremely difficult business would indicate that he has at least some idea of that which he talks.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess there's a lot of people here that aren't/won't be Matthew's customers then, since more seem to have other ideas what they want than what Matthew is putting forth ---
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolo_MK_XL wrote:
So I guess there's a lot of people here that aren't/won't be Matthew's customers then, since more seem to have other ideas what they want than what Matthew is putting forth ---

And that is perfectly fine.

My point is simply that you should not presume Matthew's beliefs about what his customers want is wrong just because you, and others on this forum, disagree. The fact that he is still in business would indicate that he probably isn't.

It is, however, perfectly fine for you to disagree. It is perfectly fine to explain why you disagree. And I certainly wouldn't expect you to purchase products that you don't like. But just because you disagree doesn't automatically mean you are correct and he is wrong (no matter how many pile on here). It just means that you disagree.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My whole point is, people buy things that are available, not that they necessarily agree with what they look like,
since there is no competition in the scale he uses, no way any of us can tell if how they are done is what the majority wants,
if they want the ships, they will put up the art for art's sake add ons to have them ---

Used M$ as an example for that reason, very many users dislike a lot of things about it, but it's whats out there ---

Even in the SL2200/2300/2400, there are ships that sell many more than others, mostly because that's the ships players use, not because of the shape and gee that looks good bits (for the ones that don't really play, it's about recognition, if things change enough they aren't recognized, it could hurt sales enough in one area more than it helps in another) ---
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, Matthew is betting a ton of his own money on his calculated estimate of the market, and we Americans are all about that. He's responsible for his own actions.

On a slightly different subject, having both resin and metal examples on hand, I can say that the metal ones are far superior. Better looking, more heft (I hate those featherweight resin things), sharper details, less flash, vastly fewer defects. The last round of Klingons found only a couple of defective metal ships but most of the resin ships ... not so good a report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: