Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panel dumps for Andromedan units with more than two banks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Panel dumps for Andromedan units with more than two banks Reply with quote

When an Andro ship with two panel banks drops a panel bank, the energy in it can only flow into one place, the other bank (and then batteries and so on). But when an Andromedan base which has more than two banks (e.g. BATS) drops panels, can I decide how much power goes into each bank? Or does it all have to go into one bank? For example, I have sixty points of power in Panel Bank #1, if I drop it must all sixty points go into one bank, or can I distribute 12 points of power to each of the other five banks?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny I was going to ask some thing similar. Looking at the andro base again as a result of the tactics thread made me wonder the same question.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may put the power in whatever bank you want, in any distribution you want.

This, of course, is just for the one step. You still have to follow the order of power distribution. It is just that you have control over where the power goes when it needs to hit another PA bank.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Spacecowboy87
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just beginning to experiment with Andromedans, so I just want to be sure on something-- do the steps for power transfer apply to all banks at the same time? For example- all banks dissipate, then all transfer to batteries, then all transfer to another bank? I hope that's correct, because it wouldn't seem right to transfer power from the front bank to the rear bank, which could then in turn dissipate it. Which way is it?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the all happen at the same time. You may specifically NOT dissipate power from the front bank, transfer power to the back bank, then dissipate power from the back bank. Each step happens to all of the banks at the same time, then the next step happens, and so on.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Spacecowboy87
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much obliged. I'm also trying to find a way to make the record-keeping neater. I determine a clear "battery power" track to be full, put a mark in each box as power is spent, then erase each mark as power is transferred in. Is there a better way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: