Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Haven't played in eons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrox7
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Haven't played in eons. Reply with quote

Federation Commander is a grand game and over time I've accumulated quite a collection. And while it's been fun firing photons and phasers, I have to admit it's been a very very long time since I played. On the one hand this is partly due to my circumstances, having limited time available; on the other hand my gaming groups tend to prefer simpler stuff or dice-free eurogames with a lot of square wooden cubes to move around. So while I think Fed Com is a fantastic game, it is one that deserves to be played, and not collecting dust in my closet.

So, I'm considering letting it all go. (I assure you it took a while to come to this conclusion.) Which leaves me in a bit of a quandary. What is the best way to do it? I thought I'd post here first and see if any diehard fans would want first chance at it, but I don't know how to go about selling what I have exactly.

Everything is in mint shape, and I kept all the product covers and sleeves. But I also organized everything in baggies an plastic organizers. I think at this point it would be impossible for me to separate all the counters apart, so I'd have to let the whole thing go as a set. Which is a bunch.
Here is a list and the current retail prices. Notice the heafty total at the bottom:

KLINGON Border #4001, Retail $59.95
ROMULAN Border #4002, Retail $59.95
REFERENCE Rulebook #4020, Retail $14.95
BRIEFING #1 #4021, Retail $12.95
KLINGON Attack #4101, Retail $29.95
ROMULAN Attack #4102, Retail $29.95
BATTLESHIPS Attack #4104, Retail $29.95
DISTANT Kingdoms #4105, Retail $34.95
HYDRAN Attack #4107, Retail $29.95
WAR And Peace #4108, Retail $29.95
Booster Pack #0 #4200 Retail $9.95
Booster Pack #1 #4201 Retail $9.95
Booster Pack# 2 #4202 Retail $9.95
Booster Pack #9 #4209 Retail $9.95
Booster Pack #16 #4216 Retail $9.95
Booster Pack #17 #4217 Retail $9.95
Booster Pack #18 #4218 Retail $9.95
Booster Pack #19 #4219 Retail $9.95
Booster Pack #20 #4220 Retail $9.95
Squadron Box #0 #4300 Retail $34.95
Squadron Box #1 #4301 Retail $34.95
Squadron Box #2 #4302 Retail $34.95
Squadron Box #9 #4309 Retail $34.95
$561.85

Sooo... What on earth should I charge for this? Is $200.00 too much? (About 2/3rds off?) Shipping is going to be pricey too, probably $20+. I also painted or partialy painted alot of the miniatures, along with decals. (One of the heavy Kligons broke off the plastic post).

Anyone interested? Is this the right place, or would an online auction be better? Any other suggestions on the best way to handle it?

Thanks!
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple years ago, I picked up a similar set from another BBS Member who had stopped playing, for $200.

It didn't include Distant Kingdoms, Hydran Attack, War & Peace or the Sqd Boxes.

With that experience behind me, personally would ask at least $300, whether you add the postage or include it up to you, really up to how much someone may want it.

Always the option of piecemilling or the whole set on E-bay or similar sight, you just have to hope someone willing to pay what you want is looking when you put it up.
Atrox7
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe I'm pricing this too low? Well, I can always place it up for auction and see what happens. I think at this point its way too tough to try and break it up. I think my paint jobs were pretty good, maybe that will be worth it to someone. Thanks!
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly suggest splitting up the miniatures from the rest of the game items. They can easily be handled separately, and should get you more money that way.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Atrox7
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good suggestion to spilt out the minis.

Kind of a sad thread I know, but hopefuly they'll all end up in a good home and see lots of play!
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The older board has a Sell/trade/swap thread, you might want to post it there, believe it gets more reads and really represents what your doing better ---

http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/22715/86.html?1333729016
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: