Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klingon C8 DN to be in metal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlee33
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Klingon C8 DN to be in metal? Reply with quote

I just got my Klingon Fleet Box. All of the minis were metal except for the C8 dreadnought. Will this eventually be metal as well?
Darkwing
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not an authority by any means, but I believe that the larger ships -like the C8 - are going to be done in resin. There was some discussion here and on the Mongoose forums and that was the impression I got.

Tice Leonard, U.S.S. Lexington & IKV Annihilation
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That IS the plan, however, they're having the devil's own time with resin C8 production. The things warp badly during cooling. (I got 18 over the last month. of which 15 were sent back as defectively warped beyond anything I'm willing to sell. I am still waiting for replacements, but a shipment left Ohio today so perhaps I will have good C8s by Friday.)

I suggested to Matthew that I'd pay to have molds made for metal C8s and was -- somewhat abruptly -- told NO. I got the very clear impression that I needed to butt out of that situation.

I just got an email today from someone who got a defective C8 over a month ago and is still waiting for replacement.
tlee33
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkwing wrote:
but I believe that the larger ships -like the C8 - are going to be done in resin.

That's too bad...but I can see how it would be a massive piece of metal.
My resin C8 was kind of a mess and needed a lot of cleanup and I was hoping to get another one if it did come out in metal.
Darkwing
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share your disappointment. My C8s have needed quite a bit of clean up as well. I would rather see the whole line go to metal.

I had finished a Fed CA a while back. I looked at it today and found that the dorsal (the part that connects the saucer to the engineering hull) had warped and the ship looked like it had hit a small moon at 3/4 impulse power. Mad

They have been reworking the C8 in resin. I know because the squad boxes I got had ships where the boom was a separate piece, but in the fleet box I just got the main ship is one piece with three metal engines and struts. I would prefer the boom to be a separate casting for kitbashing, but I am sure I am in the minority there.

My metal ships have had issues, but the resin ones had soooo many more. I, too, would love to see the whole line done in metal, but I doubt that will happen.

Tice Leonard, U.S.S. Lexington & IKV Annihilation
Bill Stec
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have gotten lucky and got a good C8 then. All it needs is removing the large sprues and filling one hole on the underside of the command module. Otherwise, it looks really good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: