Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starline 2500 minis in stock in Amarillo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monty
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Squadron, Border and Fleet Boxes Reply with quote

I appreciate the quick info, but I think I need to reword my original question for clarity.

If I stick with getting only Fleet Boxes that are planned for release, will I eventually get coverage of all the hull types that are planned for release in the Squadron and Border Boxes?

I'm getting the impression that Fleet Boxes aren't a bridge between Squadron and Border Boxes.

Thanks

Monty
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fleet Boxes are something Matthew does for his own purposes. They aren't really connected to the other box series, and I have no idea if you'd eventually get all of the hull types buying just those.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that there are no "border boxes" for Starline 2500 (at least not yet).

The border boxes exist in the older, smaller-scale ADB-only Starline 2400, as a way to add the extra copies of ships needed to match the extra copies of ship cards in the associated Federation Commander products.

The contents of Squadron Boxes in both Starline 2400 and Starline 2500 do match each other, and include one miniature of each type presented in that box.

Lots of folks use the SL2400 Border boxes as a discounted way to acquire a whole bunch of starships, but the mix in the box is tailored to the gap-filling role described above, not to provide a balanced fleet.

Personally, I like the Fleet boxes done so far in Starline 2500. As SVC noted, they don't match the contents of the Fleet boxes in Starline 2400.

That's OK for me. The SL2500 fleet box has a nice balance between large and small ships, with duplicates of really useful hulls.

There's only a few issues with them that I've seen, so far -

For empires with different "generations" of ship types (Federation pre-war and General War era ships, Romulan Eagle, Kestral, and Hawk series ships, etc.) the fleet boxes can't include them all.

The Klingon box actually has all of their hull types, but is only able to include one of ships some folks might want duplicates of (D-5W, FD7, etc.).

The Federation fleet box focuses heavily on the pre-war hulls, with some pretty good depth to quantities. The majority of the remaining war-era ships are in a Squadron Box together (except the NCF, which will only be available as a single), so that empires is pretty well represented.

The Romulans probably fair the least well, as they have a vast array of hull types to try and present. The currently fleet box carries a mix from all three series (which, in the the larger SFU game-setting is actually how the Romulans tended to deploy fleets, despite efforts otherwise).
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Border Boxes ARE coming, just have to do everything else from squadron boxes 1-12 first.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well I stand corrected then.

Given history and the amount of remaining squadron boxes to get on the street, it will be quite some time before a border box will be available for SL2500.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received the Squadron Box #7: Federation Reinforcements I ordered on Wednesday morning, and eagerly ripped open the box.

I'm really impressed with the metal miniatures - all of my reservations about metal over the resin were completely wiped away. These are really nice!

Thank you to everyone at ADB who QC'd the miniatures and shipped them so fast!
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I shouldn't have kept adding to my order.
Mine was only shipped today, because everyday I'd think - Man, I should have gotten that, too. Then when I 'd contact ADB they'd say, "Sure. We'll add it to the current box." Wink

I could be painting new cruisers tonight.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Fed Reinforcements box should arrive next-Thursday (along with my metal fleet boxes for all three empires that have one so-far).

That will get me going on measuring the NCL and NCA for decals.

Once things calm down a bit more and ADB gets restocked in-depth, I'll go back and order a bunch of singles to flesh out my Fed fleet. That will get me set so I can start painting minis for the first time in 3 years.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya'll are making me jealous. Even getting Matt involved with my late order hasn't resulted in it shipping when he said it ought to.

I suspect I shall probably see it after I make a decent-sized order from ADB.
Monty
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't collect all the Border and Squadron boxes like I did for the 2400's. I physically don't have the room for that many minis of that size, so my purchasing strategy will involve the Fleet Boxes supplemented with Squadron Boxes. Not sure if I will try to get all the empires at this point, I may go with the neighbors of the Feds.
Zyffyr
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monty, when you are running out of room for new mini's, the proper response isn't "buy fewer". It is "Get a bigger house".
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongoose says they'll send me another shipment Monday (with more shipments to follow), but remember that delivery is by UPS not transporter, Mike has to QC them all before any go on the cart, and Mike has more things to do than QC minis. More ships could appear on the cart any time.

We only take orders for what's in stock, not for what we were promised would be shipped. (We did that once and it didn't work out well.) Mongoose is aware that while some players are happy to order from them, others like the fact that ADB does another round of QC and ADB doesn't take orders it doesn't have stock for. So they have agreed to get us stocked and keep us stocked. I pointed out to him that under the deal I get stock before the wholesalers are supposed to, just for that reason. So the disadvantage of ordering from us (spotty stock available) may get fixed soon.
Bill Stec
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Mongoose says they'll send me another shipment Monday (with more shipments to follow), but remember that delivery is by UPS not transporter, Mike has to QC them all before any go on the cart, and Mike has more things to do than QC minis. More ships could appear on the cart any time.

We only take orders for what's in stock, not for what we were promised would be shipped. (We did that once and it didn't work out well.) Mongoose is aware that while some players are happy to order from them, others like the fact that ADB does another round of QC and ADB doesn't take orders it doesn't have stock for. So they have agreed to get us stocked and keep us stocked. I pointed out to him that under the deal I get stock before the wholesalers are supposed to, just for that reason. So the disadvantage of ordering from us (spotty stock available) may get fixed soon.

Steve, that would be wonderful. I intensely dislike ordering from Mongoose because of their chronic slowness to ship what they routinely list on their webstore as "in stock"...been over a month and my order still hasn't shipped. Sad

I'd MUCH rather deal with you nice folks at ADB who don't advertise for sale what they cannot deliver.
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know, when you will get a shipment of romulan squadron box 9a cloaked ships in stock.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea when or if we will ever get cloaked Romulans. I wouldn't expect it to happen until all other production issues have been resolved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: