Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TACOMA, SEATTLE, and/or OLYMPIA WA - Any SFB players???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ancientgamer1970
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: TACOMA, SEATTLE, and/or OLYMPIA WA - Any SFB players??? Reply with quote

Looking for people who play SFB in the following areas. I am in Tacoma and can host here in my home. I am also willing to drive to play.

If you are a newbie, I am willing to teach anyone how to play SFB...

Contact me if you want to play or whatnot.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all the way up in Bothell, but I trek down to Game Matrix in Tacoma once a year or so.
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is not going to work really. I am looking for something more frequent than once or twice a year and then when you do come here, I may not be available...LOL

Thanks for the response though...
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just mentioning, in-passing. Not that I thought anything could come of it.

There used to be a small group on the Eastside and there is still a small active group in Seattle-proper. My understanding is that there is a group that plays SFB at Game Matrix down in your neck of the woods.
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been here 5 years now and I frequent the Games Matrix very often and unfortunately that small group of SFB players simply disappeared off the face of the earth. I have no clue what happened to them and i really do miss them.

Do have any contacts to the other groups you mention especially that group in Seattle??? I do know of a group in Seattle but they primarily play Federation Commander and I am not interested in that whatsoever. All i prefer is Star Fleet Battles.

Enflilade is this coming weekend and I will be hopefully rinning a few demos pf SFB there but we shall see how the interest is...
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The group in Seattle operate out of Gary's Games & Hobbies, if I understood correctly (they play SFB, I only play FC and ACTA:SF, go-figure).

The Eastside group was run by Wil Culbertson, but seems to have petered out. I know I missed several meetups in a row, due to life-events.
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will call there and verify. I know the owners...;D
Magnum357
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say that its great to hear that you guys are basing some of this stuff in the Northwest. I don't live in Seattle, but I'm close to the region, and the Northwest has always been a bit leftout a lot when it comes to ADB. I don't play SFB anymore, just Fed Commander so I can't really help you there.
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya..I can do games in Tacoma (I live in Port Orchard). I have been hoping to find a regular game in the area for years now.

I know Game Matrix, played a few games there.
Excelcis
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, am in the Seattle area (south). Federal Way, to be precise-for now. I'll be moving to the Burien area very soon.

I have Games Matrix on my list to visit, etc. I've been looking for an SFB game for ages. Sad I remember The Game Store where I purchased my 1st SFB material back in the mid-late 90's. I posted on their board and it was about a year later that I got 1 response-and was able to play 1 game.

With the web, I have started to list the retailers and known locations of games for SFB and FC.

When I do decide to make the trip to Tacoma, I'll let you know. It may be a jaunt but to play is well worth the efort IMHO.

/peace
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to necro, but still out there hoping to find some nearby SFB or Fedcom gaming stil.

I did meet one fellow for FedCom games at Game Matrix, but he sorta fell off after a cpl games, and my regular partner for SFB moved.

I am willing to travel to Tacoma/Game Matrix (or even Olympia) for games on the weekend, or I can meet at Discordia Games in Bremerton (sorry Seattle/King County too expensive and time consuming for me to get there and back)

I am willing to teach new players if they are interested and have most of the materials for Captain's Edition SFB and the FedCom basic set.
jeeepguy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: SFB, FC players Reply with quote

Please contact me if you are interested in playing either game. Just getting back in and am really interested in regular gaming.

Luis
Micman
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I haven't played SFB for about 20 years, I have played FC and ACTA:SF. I live in Tacoma. We have a small group that is getting back into ST gaming ACTA:SF is what we have been playing. Usually get together in SeaTac.

Let me know when and what you would like to play.

Dale
jeeepguy
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Gaming Reply with quote

ACTA:SF is something I've never gotten into. I went to the website you suggested but there is no listing for any SFB gaming. Let me know what nights or plans you have and I'll coordinate to be there.

Thanks...

Luis
Micman
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis,
What website are you referring too? THere are no local groups with a web presence that I am aware of. I inflict ACTA:SF on my group about 2 times a year. I will be hosting a game after Enfilade at the Game Matrix. We play all kinds of historical and some SciFi games on Tuesday nights.

Also I know that the owner of the Matrix played ACTA:SF (the original version) he has the 2500 line painted at his house. The next time I see him I will let him know that the Deluxe version is now out.

Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: