Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evasion and cloak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Evasion and cloak Reply with quote

If you are evasive can you cloak while evasive
5 p3 a says you cannot use evasive while fading or cloaked
5 p3 d. Says evasive voids a cloak
Which is true

Can you Begin cloaking while evasive, if so when you drop evasion are you immediatly cloaked if you are past the fade period. Are you fading if in the fade period. Or is you ship not evasive, not cloked or fading.
What is the status when you drop evasive. Are you immediatly where you would be in the cloaking routine, or are you naked not fading or not cloaked and begin fading in the other functions phase.

Can you go evasive while cloaked or fading.

5p3 d sentence :if a cloak is voided, it remains voided for 4 impules. has this been changed? if it has could you please post what it has been changed to.

Thanks
Nicole
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of the FC reference rules says:

Quote:
(5P3a) During a fade-in/out impulse, or
when fully cloaked, the ship cannot: ...(without voiding the cloak) use Evasive Maneuvers.

So the rule is consistent. You can use EM, but if you do, the cloak stops working. I think that if you were evasive during the fade-out impulse, and dropped EM, your cloak would still be voided for four impulses, but when that was over your cloak would be fully on.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry is correct.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
edwinfeds
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: evasive and cloak Reply with quote

As I read this you can be evasive and start cloaking but cloak is voided. Or while already cloaked can start em but it voids cloak.
Does this mean that when fully cloaked while in em you get the plus 2 for being evasive and also the half damage of being cloaked without the plus 4 range as cloak is voided?
Also from a previous question about using a sensor from a non cloaked sensor ship you can on a voided cloaked ship using evasive maneuver get the plus two for em, and plus one for the sensor from a sensor ship and then half damage for being cloaked.
Going to start a campaign with my game group and I am Romulan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: