Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ship Cards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genestealer
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Ship Cards? Reply with quote

So I'm finally getting into Fed Commander and have a ship card question I can't find an answer on.

I've got the Reference rule book and counter sheet and am wondering the best to start collecting ship cards. Is there a list of how to get a specific races ships by booster?
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master Ship Charts should be your best bet.

(There's even an updated MSC covering as far as Captain's Log #45, to boot.)
The Ghost
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an alternate to the Master ship chart, you can see which ship cards a product contains by going here

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/product_list.shtml

If you click on the tell me more link for a given product it brings up more detail on that product which usually includes a list of what ships are in the product.
Genestealer
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have all the booster will you have all the ships or do you need to have all the border and attack sets as well?
The Ghost
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have seen there are normally 3 to 4 ship cards in the attack or border product that are not in the booster packs. In most cases these cards are available as order-able spare parts for the product.
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quantities will vary with each product but as a general rule you will have at least 1 or 2 ships exclusive to the base set and the boosters.

Let's take the Klingon ships for Klingon Border for example. You can only get the C7 heavy cruiser in the base set, and you will only find the D7C command cruiser in booster #2.

Some other products will give you mostly new ships in the boosters versus the core product. Like Battleships Attack and Transports Attacked.

One thing that I am not aware of is an easy reference list for which ship is in which product, assuming you want to know : if I buy x, y and z I will end up with n number of each ship. The best way right now is to go through the MSC (Master Ship Chart) available at the Commander's Circle and check the product descriptions in the catalog for the number of ships in each set / booster.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, assuming you have a program that can manage XLS files, you could download the MSC in XLS format and the sort stuff to your heart's content. Either sort by ship card number (as the ship cards are generally sequential by products), or sort by product (since that is a column, too). The XLS file isn't up-to-date with the last three CLs, but it should be close enough for the searching you are looking for.

To answer the question, Klingon Attack, Romulan Attack, Distant Kingdoms, Tholian Attack, Orion Attack, Hydran Attack, and War & Peace all follow the general guidelines where there are a few ships unique to the Attack module (generally dreadnoughts and heavy battlecruisers, of which you generally only need one), and a couple unique ships per Booster (generally command cruisers and fast cruisers).

Battleships Attack, Transports Attack, and the upcoming Reinforcements Attack stress unique ships, so the Boosters contain very, very few (none in the case of Reinforcements Attack) duplicates.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genestealer.

I just noticed that ADB has the ships missing from the boosters sold separately in their web store.

Example for Klingon Border:
http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=4001-9&Category_Code=FCKB_SP

So with the boosters and these packs you would have all the ships in a product.
Genestealer
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I've gone over the products in the store. Looks like it can be done. Now to figure out if I want to dive in and get everything. Shocked
Spacecowboy87
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, you know you WANT to. Trouble is, buying game stuff is just like energy allocation Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: