Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prime Directive and Star Fleet Battle Force boards?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanessa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rufus wrote:
I just got Gurps Prime Directive this week. I am pretty impressed so far, even if some of the alien race art feels a little flat. A shame some of the Starfleet Command 2 character designs couldn't be bothered...

I'd like to see a section for the game here sometime soon. I have a nice canon abusing Orion Pirates campaign already floating around in my brain that I need to subject.. err show to folks.. Twisted Evil

You just want a specific category for Prime Directive here? If so, just say the word and I can put it in. Wink
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
You just want a specific category for Prime Directive here? If so, just say the word and I can put it in. Wink

Since Prime Directive and SFBF are both prominently displayed on the FC main page, I think a top level topic for Prime Directive and another top level topic for Star Fleet Battle Force would be an excellent idea.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is what I was asking for when I started this topic...

Gary
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinister:

Quote:
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm reading timelines right now!

So, what'd you think Question

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed reading Timelines. One thing I noticed is that the names of the characters are totally absent (as they end up being in the General War universe).

Why would this story cause Paramount lawyers to descend upon the ADB offices? I thought it was a clever way to actually avoid the use of those characters' names from the SFU.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Why would this story cause Paramount lawyers to descend upon the ADB offices? I thought it was a clever way to actually avoid the use of those characters' names from the SFU.

Because Paramount zealously guards its copyrights and intellectual property. ADB and Paramount have an agreement that allows ADB to continue publishing material. Obviously, direct, hard links to the series like that are outside what ADB is allowed to do. (And, yes, even without naming names, it is a hard link with those characters. I imagine the Guardian is off limits, too.)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean. It was the same thing with a story I proposed. In the story there was a reference to a specific captain's name from TOS and the planet where the episode occurred. That was enough to nix the whole thing. There were other problems, too, but that was enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: