Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New ISC Ships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: New ISC Ships Reply with quote

First, I want to thank everyone for including the ISC is the latest Comm. it is much appreciated.

Wanted to see if anyone has given thought to a few ISC options which would include some destroyers/light cruisers with Phaser-G's? I know the F's and Ph-3's are supposed to handle most cases but against the Kzinti's or Frax those will get used up pretty quick

Also any chance the Star Cruiser could have 2 PPD's and only one S-torp?

Maybe a version of the light cruisers with 1 PH-G instead of the two Ph-3's.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ISC ship has phaser-gatlings, so that's a "sorry, never gonna happen" on that one.

I think there's a cruiser variant with that armament. It could go into some product sometime.

Reinforcements attack has four ISC ships, including the DNH and DNL, CLE and Fast CA.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: ISC ships Reply with quote

Steve,

Thanks for the update on the reinforcements pack. I will be making that purchase as soon as it comes out. By the way, when s it due to come out.

Thanks,

Paul
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinforcements attack is supposed to ship in late October.

Booster 36 with the two ISC DNs probably in October or November.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are about to start another campaign, and I could really do with some of the ISC ships that are in Reinforcement attack and boosters. I am looking at my calendar and thinking it is already 'late' October.

Do you have a more exact date yet?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: do the ISC have such a thing as a BCH?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the ISC do not have a BCH. But then, their CC is as powerful as a BCH, so it works out.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: ISC new ships Reply with quote

Will there be an ISC ageis ship in either reenforcements or one of the new booster packs? How about a scout based on a cruiser hull?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ISC CLE will be in the main product of Reinforcements Attack.

The reason the DD-based scout was done instead of the CL-based scout for the ISC is because the CL-based scout was so much bigger than all of the other CW-based scouts for the other empires. Therefore, the DD-based scout was done instead. Note that the DD-based scout is basically just as effective as any of the other CW-based scouts.

That said, I am sure the HSC will be done eventually.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I am hoping that there may one day be a scout variant of the Concordium's war cruiser hull from Module R9* done up for SFB. If that were to happen, a CWS (were it to be given a set of four sensor channels) might be a better fit for FC than the CLS/HSC.

To clarify, the CW is the conversion done to destroyers in the ISC home territory, where additional bulk (and a third warp engine) was added to increase the ship's size while still allowing it to operate at modern fleet speeds; as opposed to the NDD from Module R11, a "system destroyer" converted by a number of semi-isolated cantonments, which were forced to bulk up these ships at the cost of reducing their tactical flexibility. Both ship types are adapted from the same DD hull, but each takes the concept in a different direction.

*Most of the ships in R9 are conjectural. Some count as unbuilt variants that could have existed but were never constructed, while others are listed as having been impossible to build in the first place. The ISC CW and DW are among the few historically-built ships in that module; though the Concordium didn't start fielding them in large numbers until forced to by the onset of the Andromedan invasion.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
The ISC CLE will be in the main product of Reinforcements Attack.

The reason the DD-based scout was done instead of the CL-based scout for the ISC is because the CL-based scout was so much bigger than all of the other CW-based scouts for the other empires. Therefore, the DD-based scout was done instead. Note that the DD-based scout is basically just as effective as any of the other CW-based scouts.

That said, I am sure the HSC will be done eventually.

This is true accept against a Federation Scout which carries 8 sensors. It takes a lot to get a Fed player to use all 8 up before you can actually start shooting at their ships without any -1's.

Thanks for the update on the CLE, I had thought I saw this somewhere but wanted to make sure.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ISC got the CF and CLE in ReinAtk, the DNH and DNL in booster 36.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulgenna wrote:

This is true accept against a Federation Scout which carries 8 sensors. It takes a lot to get a Fed player to use all 8 up before you can actually start shooting at their ships without any -1's.

But that has nothing to do with what scout you have.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Looking over the new ISC ships Reply with quote

Looking over the new ISC ships it looks like a light Command Cruiser could still be added. Maybe use the current CA ship and replace the PPD with FLAG boxes and some additional shields. Have a second model that replaces the S-Torps with PPD's.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a CL variant in SFB called the medium cruiser, which if I'm not mistaken has one PPD and two Plasma-G torps. It's not technically a command variant as such, since it has no flag bridge, but it can still operate as the core ship in a smaller echelon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: