Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yay for Reinforcements Attack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I said I'd comment when I've had a chance to look at the product in a bit more detail.

I *love* the huge variety of new ships here. There really is something for everyone, and I especially like how ADB have listened to - indeed, actively asked - their customers and given us the ships we want.

Negatives:

Andromedan Viper: If an Intruder can carry 4 of these, and there are 4 counters for them (at least in 1/2" size; why not in 1" size?) then why not have four Vipers on the ship card?

Klingon G2: Four counters at 1/2" size, but only one ship card. The original philosophy for FC was always that for each ship card, you got one counter to use at each scale. This is not happening anymore.

Back to positives again: I *think* I like the newer, less glossy cards. Time will tell on that one. There's going to be a lot of fun in experimenting with these new ships, and I for one am looking forward to playing with them!
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, for this product, those negatives could not have been realistically avoided. Either the number of ships included in the product would have to be reduced, the die for the countersheet changed to provide for more 1" counters and fewer 1/2" counters (possibly financially infeasible for ADB), or an additional 1" countersheet would be needed (likely financially infeasible for ADB).

I view anything extra on the 1/2" part of the countersheet as a free bonus. Those counters could have been blank.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I appreciate those points; I was just giving a 'balanced' opinion. I don't see how else they could have presented the product's counters, to be honest. The Viper card, though: perhaps four Vipers could have been included on it?

As an aside, how do other players keep track of the power levels for the ground bases?
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(5L9b2) ........ (Due to space limits, you will have to use the Energy Tokens to keep track of energy.)
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...thereby proving the adage, 'Read the manual!'

Thanks Smile
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit tardy replying to this thread, but I've barely had time to visit the board in a while, and I guess it's never too late to give positive feedback.

I like Reinforcements Attack and its associated supplements. A lot. I think my favorite ship out of the bunch is the K7R. For my money it's better than a Firehawk. The turn mode B is nice to have, even if the S Torps are left and right pivot. And a Gorn dread with two R Torps. Because one was just not enough. For anyone who likes playing plasma, this is a happy day.

I do like the slightly less glossy cards, which are a bit easier on the eyes.

My thanks to all who helped make Reinforcements Attack a reality. Well done.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the cards are exactly as gloosy as every card we have printed for the last 3 years.

Different than the ones before that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: