Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building a Lyran Fleet...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxwell Luther
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Building a Lyran Fleet... Reply with quote

At this point, I'm trying to figure out a good Fleet Organization for my Lyrans, mainly to settle on what expansions (and minis) I need and to prepare squadron sheets for the smaller ships like the frigates and destroyers (as well as limit the number of ship cards I keep in my 'main game' folder).

I've read S8 and looked at the F&E and FC Master Ship charts, and based on that and the ships I already have from Distant Kingdoms, here is what I have planned:

1X Lion DN (112)
2x Tiger CA (140)
1x Running Tiger CAF (80)
3x Leopard DD (126)
3x Cheetah FF (105)

This gives me the maximum number of ships in the fleet according to the Flagships F&E CMD rating and brings me to 563 points, which is just shy of the 600 point limit I'm figuring is the ideal 'maximum playable PV' for a FC game. This is all theoretical, of course, and I'd like to get opinions on the subject.

I'd like to add a Scout of some sort, seeing as you can have one in the Fleet that doesn't count toward CMD maximums (and I dig the Scout rules), but while there is a Lyran Scout Heavy Cruiser, it is A. too expensive and B. not an actual Scout. Any idea how I could convert an existing small Lyran vessel to a Scout for around 40 points? How much does a Sensor suite cost?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortuantely.. the smallest Lyran scout (based on the frigate hull) is still a 100 point ship - and its not even in Fed Comm yet.
The Lyan CWS can be found in the commanders circle, but its 144 points.

If sticking with a 600 point limit, you may have to change one of the existing ships to a scout and play that way.
Subract a frigate (105 points) and add in the left-over 39 points gives you 144 - just enough for a CWS.
Maxwell Luther
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
Unfortuantely.. the smallest Lyran scout (based on the frigate hull) is still a 100 point ship - and its not even in Fed Comm yet.
The Lyan CWS can be found in the commanders circle, but its 144 points.

If sticking with a 600 point limit, you may have to change one of the existing ships to a scout and play that way.
Subract a frigate (105 points) and add in the left-over 39 points gives you 144 - just enough for a CWS.

Ah, I see. I was confused at first because the ship card under that link is actually the wrong card (it is a regular CA), that's why I thought it was missing the scout rules. The actual Lyran Scout is in Communique 47 and it will do nicely, thanks!

So new fleet build:

1X Lion DN (112)
2x Tiger CA (140)
1x Running Tiger CAF (80)
1x Serval CWS (78)
2x Leopard DD (84)
3x Cheetah FF (105)

Right at 599! Excellent! And it looks like everything I need, ship card-wise, is in Boosters 19 and 21 except for the scout which I'll have to print out. I'm guessing that any CW model or counter will work for the Scout.

So are there any real weaknesses in this list that anyone can see?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: