Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What ships do you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a small ground fighter base for the Hydrans.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not actually a ship request, but I'm not sure where else to put it.

What about a counters e-pack for things we might need? I'm thinking specifically of Kzinti drone counters and various turn / slip markers for the races that have very few. I'm sure there are others that people might feel we are short of, and as an e-pack (rather than the expense and complexity of die cutting counters) it might be fairly painless for ADB to do.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to do.

Mike, set up a topic for this and collect a list of what they want.
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the ammo countersheet (physical counters, not an e-pack), available from ADB:
http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=5611-3F&Category_Code=02

Might have some of what you would like, already available.

Garrett
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind, that sheet uses the old SFB "silhouette" graphics, not the newer color drawings like the ammunition counters in FC. Some people get picky about things like that.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the Paravians, I'd love to see some of those ships in Federation Commander. Maybe a 'Lost Empires Attack' sort of thing?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the Paravians (and Carnivons) is that their ships are all based in the Early Years. If we include those ships alone, they have no one to fight. If we include others for them to fight, then we are publishing the entire Early Years. (Which, incidentally, is something I would like to see, but for which there doesn't seem to be the sales support.)

On the other hand, once C6 (which will include conjectural General War era versions of the Carnivons and Paravians) comes out, they will be extremely ripe for adding into Federation Commander. Whether that would be an Attack module, or it would be done piece-meal through Communique, Captain's Log, and ePacks remains to be seen. But, once C6 comes out, I will be immediately pushing for some Paravians and Carnivons in Federation Commander.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
jeffery smith
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so will I mike, so will I,
BrentO
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see playtest carriers (and fighters) for the people who don't have them. My group has been using the Fed, Klingon and Lyran cards and would like to have atleast one for the other groups.

I'm not sure if the Vudar, Seltorians and Andros used carriers in SFU, but I know I sure would use them!
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andros already have carriers - their 'fighters' are just a big bigger than normal Very Happy
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrentO wrote:
I'm not sure if the Vudar, Seltorians and Andros used carriers in SFU, but I know I sure would use them!

The Vudar used their own fighters in their carriers. The Seltorians used Klingon fighters in their carriers. The Andromedans did not use fighters, but used extremely small ships that were kinda a combination of fighters and gunboats.

The sum total is that doing a Seltorian carrier would be a great idea for Communique, since it just uses a fighter that already exists.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any earlier ISC ships. Not middle years, but more early/mid general war prior to their PPD/echelon ships bursting on to the scene at the end of the general war?
Captain Jack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier ISC ships?

But why? Laughing Laughing Laughing

p.s also has a large share in a shuttle building company!
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are conjectural Andro fighters and "true" PFs (as opposed to the historical interceptor-esque mobile weapons platforms) in SFB Module C3A.

For the ISC, the ships of the Pacification were mostly the same hulls they had in service through the General War. Though they were late to build their first "modern" hulls, there was a relatively short period (less than a decade) before the first PPD-armed ships started to come to the fore.

There are a few hulls like the DNE and CAT, which were in service prior to the widespread adoption of the PPD; while the DNEs were refitted into standard DNs (or later into DNTs or DNPs), the CATs were either used as lone patrol ships or brought back to the fore once the Andromedan War kicked off.

But by and large, the Concordium saw no need to build alternative hull types on a large scale until forced to by the Andromedans. When that happened, "war" hulls like the CW and DW started to appear in large numbers, while the "system" conversions were done out in the semi-isolated cantonments in order to try and keep the Andros at bay.

But one of the key in-game dynamics that made plasma variants so important against the Andros doesn't apply to FC to anything like the way it does for SFB, since the PPD in this game is so different when compared to the original. The problems the PPD has against Andromedan ships in SFB made Echelon formations ineffective against the Andromedans, forcing the ISC to go the Big Plasma route when trying to re-build their navy in order to combat the invaders. I'm not sure if the same issue appears to quite the same extent in FC.

One of the side-effects I'm looking forward to with Module C6 is the increased scope the "modern" ISC fleet will have in the "Mapsheet P" alternate timeline. With the Paravians in a postion to force an early activation of the Concordium, they would have a proper scope to use a "middle years" fleet; while it would be that much more likely there would be an early activation of the various "war" classes along the way. (The "system" ships may not be a factor in that universe, if the changes were to mean that there would be no Pacification campaign in the Paravian timeline.)
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to do epacks for freighters, monitors, bases, etc. as race specific ships instead of generalized cards with all possible weapon layouts? If that's possible, could the epack counters also be in the race colors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: