Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek Attack Wing minis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Star Trek Attack Wing minis? Reply with quote

Hi again,

Star Trek Attack Wing looks to be released at GenCon with the Starter pack and 8 expansions that can be bought there. No Enterprise-A, of course (not even with the Wave 1 or 2 expansions), which is what I really want. Same combat system as X-Wing, so I might just be buying it for minis. I play X-Wing and I can't see it working the way I'd like it to with Star Trek minis (good news for ADB!). The minis in the video from Origins look bigger than the HeroClix minis. I wonder what the difference is.

Does anyone think they are going to be using any of the Star Trek Attack Wing minis in their SFB or FC games? If so, which SSDs do you think you'll use?
marcus_aurelius
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not. The most interesting empires are not represented (Hydran, Lyran, Kzinti, etc). I have also noticed that, especially in the 2500 series, that my own painted miniatures look nicer to me than the premade/prepainted minis.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda funny to see how they demoed it with full size models on giant stands.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: