Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation and Empire 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation & Empire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattruh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any update for this training scenario? I am planning on running a few of my friends tonight through scenario The Wind. WIsh me luck!
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
If you are going to make an open- ended starter scenario, the one I want to see is a Fed/Klingon one-on-one war. Not the two-turn silliness presented in a CL a long time ago, but rather a full, open war involving just the two empires. No, that is not "historical". However, it would be interesting and make use of the two most popular empires in the SFU.

I've suggest folks try out the (603.UC) Sector C: Northern Klingon-Federation Front from CL 41. Its "small" but gives folks the chance to roll with the Klingons versus the Federation with a Yesterday's Enterprise feeling to it. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rindis
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
If you are going to make an open- ended starter scenario, the one I want to see is a Fed/Klingon one-on-one war. Not the two-turn silliness presented in a CL a long time ago, but rather a full, open war involving just the two empires. No, that is not "historical". However, it would be interesting and make use of the two most popular empires in the SFU.

I've been meaning to write this for ages. The idea is it's technically the Fed-Klingon war without the Organians stopping it. The backstory is that this is the Star Fleet wargames of the situation that they ran for the next decade (and includes a few variants of ideas they tried out like early carrier ops).

The title is to be "Federation vs Empire".
anarchy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the training PDF ever get released? I'm finally setting up F&E for a test spin.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay can any explain how a Mauler works in F&E. And is the Feds BCJ considered a Mauler?

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short version: The mauler basically does double-damage when using Directed Damage to target a specific ship.

As you may know, the defender allocates the damage done to his fleet as he wants, but the attacker does have the option to pick one ship and force damage on it.

Let's say you did 22 points of damage to a fleet that includes a CC, which is a 9-point ship. The defender can spend 9 points and cripple it, but obviously he want to save it, so he cripples a bunch of frigates instead.

You can say you want to DirDam that CC, but it costs double, or 18 points, leaving 4 points for the defender to deal with. However, you have a 7-point mauler in your fleet. You can use its 7 points at 1:1, taking the 9 point CC down to 2 points, and then spend 4 more points to finish the job. You spent 11 points and still have 11 left over. You have enough to kill the now-crippled CC for ten more points, or you can let the defender figure out what to do with the 11 points.

Makes sense???

And no, the BCJ is not a mauler.

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Maulers I understand but why is the BCJ so phebal on the Offensive Compat? Does it have a special attack?

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have rulebooks handy, but looking at the Ship Information Table (SIT), the BCJ has a full attack rating of 11, but it can drop down to a 9 and have no risk of shock.

You do know where to look for the SITs, right?

http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/37/6548.html

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation & Empire All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: