Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clarification Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Clarification Question Reply with quote

Digging through my stuff I found the Player Reference Card that came with Federation Commander: Academy. It goes through the Sequence of Play. So I go through it, and I get to:

Sub-Pulse 1: Speed 24+1, 32

I'm a little confused as my book only goes up to Speed 24 and I'm not sure what 24+1 means (unless it's for Acceleration). The same with Sub-Pulses 2, 3, and 4.

I also see something called "Tractor/Snare" and there's nothing in my book about that.

Everything else I understand. Is there something I'm missing? Or is this stuff that's included in the FC: Graduation package?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ship may choose baseline speeds of Stopped, Zero, 8, 16, or 24. The +1 means that the ship purchased an acceleration for that impulse, so 8+1 means the ship has baseline speed of 8 plus an acceleration for that impulse. (So your assumption is correct on that point.)

While ships may not choose a baseline speed of 32, one of the monsters (the Death Probe?) uses a baseline speed of 32, and plasma uses a baseline speed of 32. That is why the 32 is listed.

The "Tractor/Snare" line probably comes from the Defensive Fire Phase. This simply means that this is the point in that phase where the Tractor or Snare systems can be used. They are totally different systems (Tractors are Tractors (5D4); Snares (5M3) are a special function of the Web Generator (5M)).

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I'll find some of those when I get a couple of new books.

Thanks!
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Academy has the Klingon Border rulebook. As such, you already have the rules on Tractors, found at (5D). You won't have the rules for webs and snares, however. Those are indeed elsewhere (either Tholian Attack or the Reference Rulebook).

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might be going for that Reference Rulebook next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: