Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your first choice for a new Starline 2400 fighter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your first choice for a new Starline 2400 fighter miniature?
Fed F14
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Fed F15
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Fed A10
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Klingon Z-1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Klingon Z-2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Klingon Z-D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kzinti DAS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
One of the ISC fighters (please specify)
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Another Romulan fighter (please specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Another Hydran fighter (please specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Bill Stec
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: What is your first choice for a new Starline 2400 fighter? Reply with quote

[Post deleted by author, but thread left because it still contains good discussion.]

Last edited by Bill Stec on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 8 times in total
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I voted for the ISC before Gary did... either he's slipping or I'm slowly being converted to the cult! Wink

The other Fed fighters would be nice, but I'd rather go in a new direction first as opposed to doubling up on existing empires.

Link to Starline 2400 fighter miniature photos.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Tony on this I would rather see the missing ISC Fighter before anything else is added.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Stec wrote:
Which ISC fighter? I am not familiar with those.

Bill, much like the Hydran, Tholian and even Romulan Fighters exterenally the differences between a ISC FSF (Superiorty Fighter) and a FTF (Torpedo Fighter) are almost nonexsist. What changes is the Hardpoints on the fighter's frame for weapon mounting.

The FSF looks like a flattened out d4 with a Plasma Canister slung under each "wing". It is almost identical to the F18C and ZYC in that it carries 2xP3 and 2 Plasma-Ds. The FTF removes the ability to carry Plasma-Ds and one P3 in order to mount a single Plasma-F Torpedo.

And as I have pointed out before I would support getting the Attack Fighters (A10/G10, ZD and DAS) before I would support a second Strike Fighter.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
I can't believe I voted for the ISC before Gary did... either he's slipping or I'm slowly being converted to the cult! Wink

Well, even I have to have some time away from the computer...

If we're solely sticking with Alpha (and with single-seat fighters), I suppose the ISC is notable in its absence. However, I don't have Modules J or J2, so I couldn't say which specific fighter type/s I might request in particular.

For the Feds, I'm surprised there isn't more interest in the F-111. Or would people assume to see it (and not the Thunderbolt) if and when any fast patrol ships are done up?

And since Module C6 is close at hand, are there any Carnivon and Paravian fighters in there that might be worth considering? (Perhaps in tandem with new minis for some of the new ships.)

To be honest, I'm more familiar with some of the fighter types in Omega than I am in Alpha (since, conveniently enough, there aren't quite so many of them).

In the longer run, if we ever get some ships for the likes of the FRA, Maesrons, and others, some fighters and gunboats for those might be interesting. (Adam's take on Maesron PF, as shown here, looks pretty cool.)

Plus there'd be a few empires, like the Hivers and Souldra, that would need their "fighters" (Barbs and Shards, respectively) to operate their Hydran-esque casual carrier doctrines.

But since getting actual purpose-made starship minis for Omega is still a pretty long shot at best, I'm not going to pretend that any of their attrition units should be on this list. Still, I at least wanted to voice (well, type) my own thoughts on the matter, forlorn though they may be.
Jack Bohn
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An image of the F-14 is famously painted on the cover of CL#9 and F&E:Fighter Operations.

The Klingon Z-2 is apparently close to the available Z-Y, and the Z-1 and Z-D are similar to each other, line art is (or, at least, was) in Module J on a blank page between SH12 and SH15.

Line art for the ISC should be in their R section.

Hey, the Gorn bought Federation F-8s, F-18s, F-20s and A-10s, changing the initial letter to G, but instead of F-14s or -15s they got a G-12 from a company that wasn't making any of the others. Neat art in the R section, does this get enough play to be a contender?
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my .02 credits, But I think each of the Alpha Quadrant Empires need a Strike Fighter and an Attack Fighter. Although I can get behind the F-14 and A-10 so that I can build a Fed CVA battlegroup.
mdauben
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
The other Fed fighters would be nice, but I'd rather go in a new direction first as opposed to doubling up on existing empires.

I have to agree with Tony. More variety for the existing races would be great, but having something for the ISC is more important, I think. As Billco said elsewhere, I'd love to eventually see (and buy) one assault and one superiority type fighter per major race.

"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: