Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now have all the CL's!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Now have all the CL's! Reply with quote

Well it has been a project spanning several years, but I now have all the CL's from CL#1 to #47. This was a combination of getting reprints from ADB (and thank you for making them), Ebay, Amazon, and other players. Nice to see the evolution of the company and game over a period of decades. Thank you to everyone that had and has a part in putting them together and looking forward to #48.

Very Happy
ingkent
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations David. Impressive feat. I'm about 14 issues shy of having every copy, mainly all the 20's (that was when I stopped gaming). I do have the full set of Nexus magazines though. You've motivated me to complete the set now.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually still got hard copies of all 18 Nexus and all 47 CLs... and wonder of wonders, I bought them all new, off the shelf!!!
God I'm old!!! Smile

I do have a few duplicates of Nexus and some of the older CLS that came as bits and pieces of ebay deals for minis and stuff- if anyone's interested.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ones do you have and what would you be asking?
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ingkent wrote:
Congratulations David. Impressive feat. I'm about 14 issues shy of having every copy, mainly all the 20's (that was when I stopped gaming). I do have the full set of Nexus magazines though. You've motivated me to complete the set now.

Ebay and Amazon is a great way for the hard copies. e23 is a great way to get the 20's in PDF form, which is actually very handy. They currently have from 1-32 in PDF form.

As a suggestion to ADB, might be worth putting new CL's also in PDF form on e23. I'd probably purchase them in that format over hard copy if given the option. Unless one had counters or something of course.
ingkent
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree PDF format is better but I prefer to have the actual original book in hand since I have the rest in physical format.

The challenge I have is that because I live in Canada shipping is a killer, $10 to $15 for the issue but $15 to $25 for shipping. I know a long while back I think ADB was having a sale on the back issues and I kick myself now for not taking advantage of it.

Like Scoutdad, all my issues were bought original at the time when they came out. I still remember reading the last issue of Nexus while interviewing for my first bank job and I just kept reading that it was the last issue...and thinking no, I must have read that wrong.
mdauben
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
I've actually still got hard copies of all 18 Nexus and all 47 CLs... and wonder of wonders, I bought them all new, off the shelf!!!
God I'm old!!! Smile

I had hard copies of many of the early Nexus and CLs, along with the original TFG ziploc baggie original version of the game, until all my SFB stuff disappeared into the warp. Crying or Very sad

I'm slowly working on rebuilding my collection of CLs at least, with the help of the PDF version available on e23. Only 38 editions left to go! Razz

"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank."
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on completing your collection.

I finished my full set a couple of years ago, but it took nearly 10 years of eBay, etc., to get them all on my bookshelf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: