Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graviton Beam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Graviton Beam Reply with quote

Question on the GB from the Triangulum galaxy module. I understand it has four modes; standard, burst, focus and overload. The standard is 4 shots per turn w/8 impulse delay. Burst costs more but the shots can be every two impulses. Okay, got that. Question is for focus and overload modes. I understand the increased cost for these modes. But is it still four shots in a turn? Or is it one focus shot or one OL shot? I wasn't sure if it would be four or just one for these modes. I understand that even if it is still four shots in either of these modes the power may not be there for four shots and of course with the 8 impulse delay you may not get four full shots in anyways.

Thank you.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, found the answer. It isn't specifically stated in the rules, but the SSD states once per turn for focus and overload mode.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested in trying things out for Triangulum, I'd recommend posting in the M33 discussion thread on the BBS. Francois Angers (the creator of the M33 setting) is active on those boards once again, and there have been a number of recent discussions as to how best to fine-tune the Helgardian rules, along with those of other playtest empires for this setting.

If you haven't registered on the BBS yet, that site uses frames that don't show up in the above link. You'll see them here instead.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply. I appreciate the link. We haven't yet had the chance to playtest these module yet, but it does look interesting to say the least. I particularly like the different beam weapons like in Omega. Gives it a unique twist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: