Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding corelation between FedCom sets and SL2400 sets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irashaine1972
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Regarding corelation between FedCom sets and SL2400 sets. Reply with quote

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this question (wouldn't want to accidentally make a comment in the wrong topic section again I might get vaporized) but I was curious why border boxes are packaged with more ships than there are cards in the corresponding FedCom products including ships that there are no cards for in said product.

For example if I buy Romulan Border and Border box #3 I get more ships than the RB box has cards for, moreover I get ships that there are not even ANY cards for in the RB set while the game sets included cards for models NOT included in the ship boxes. While thats not a big deal it seems to me that if content space is a premium wouldnt it be better served to make the Border boxes more usable. As it stands if I buy Border box 3 I have to purchase all 3 corresponding boosters to have enough cards to use all the ships. Including the 2 that have NO corresponding cards in the base set (Royal Hawk and Nova Hawk IIRC?).

Primarily curious about this as the product site seems to indicate that the Border boxes for SL2400 and the FedCom Border boxes and Attack sets directly correspond when clearly they do not.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
enterprise2007
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This confused me too back when I got into the game. The squadron boxes correspond with the main product, and the border boxes correspond to the boosters.

For example:

Squadron boxes 1, 2, and 3 correspond to the ships found in Klingon Border. Border box 1 corresponds to the ships found in Boosters 1, 2, and 3.

I hope this helps!
irashaine1972
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enterprise2007 wrote:
This confused me too back when I got into the game. The squadron boxes correspond with the main product, and the border boxes correspond to the boosters.

For example:

Squadron boxes 1, 2, and 3 correspond to the ships found in Klingon Border. Border box 1 corresponds to the ships found in Boosters 1, 2, and 3.

I hope this helps!

Looks like the the boosters and squadron boxes correspond. Romulan,Klingon Border and attack sets dont "completely" correspond to any of the SL2400 boxed sets. The product page refers to them as "provides the ships for...(Border or Attack set)....". It only provides some of the ships. Either way it just seems like it should be clearer as to what you are getting. I bought Romulan Border and simply going off the above product description I was led to believe that I would be able to use the models with the RB product on a 1/1 basis. Instead I got about 1/3 the cards to use the ships, no cards for certain ships and cards for things not included in the ship box. Product description should be more clear that the BB only provides SOME of the ships and that the boosters are NECESSARY to use all the ships with the RB base game. I mean the difference is planning on spending about $150 with the notion that I have all I need and my product is 100% usable compared to the reality that I need to spend at least $30 more bucks to actually make it so.
enterprise2007
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you that the product descriptions can get a bit confusing. The reason why some of the ships in the Border Box you bought match, is because some of the Boosters have duplicate ship cards from the main product. Had you bought Squadron Boxes 7, 8, and 9, you would have a 1/1 of models and ship cards.

I would suggest trying to return the Border Box and get the Squadron Boxes instead, or keep it and use the models even if they don't match the ship card. This isn't like Warhammer where it has to be What You See Is What You Get.
irashaine1972
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enterprise2007 wrote:
I agree with you that the product descriptions can get a bit confusing. The reason why some of the ships in the Border Box you bought match, is because some of the Boosters have duplicate ship cards from the main product. Had you bought Squadron Boxes 7, 8, and 9, you would have a 1/1 of models and ship cards.

I would suggest trying to return the Border Box and get the Squadron Boxes instead, or keep it and use the models even if they don't match the ship card. This isn't like Warhammer where it has to be What You See Is What You Get.

I guess my point was that the product end of the website actually advertises the Border Boxes as corresponding to a particular starter or supplement module, specificly....when clearly they do not. The confusion is not really on the part of the customer if the actual worded product description is not accurate. Thats all.

As for WYSIWYG.....pfft what planet are you living on sir? Smile
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be missing something.

I just checked the online store and Squadron Box 7, 8, and 9 clearly say they are for Romulan Border.

When I went to the Romulan Border info page (http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/romulan_border.shtml) it says:

Quote:
Related products:

Squadron Boxes #7, #8, and #9 provide one each of the pewter scale miniatures to match the ship cards in this product. Stock #s 4307, 4308, 4309; $34.95 each.

Boosters #7, #8, and #9 provide additional copies of the most often used ship cards so you can fly multi-ship squadrons, and entirely new ship cards. Stock #s 4207, 4208, 4209; retail $9.95.

Border Box #3 provides 24 miniatures to match the ships in Boosters #7, #8, and #9. Stock #4403, retail $99.95. To buy any of these products now, click here.

Additionally, the info page lists the ship cards in romulan border and Border Box 3 lists the ship models. I quick comparison show they don't match.

The info is there, and I"m sorry it's plain English to me. So...am I missing something?

DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, just pulled out my Romulan Border Box.

The back states:

Quote:
For added appeal, add the Federation Commander Squadron Boxes (sold separately) - each one has a range of miniatures designed specifically for the Star Fleet Universe, matching the ship cards found in this game!

I am sorry you bought the wrong box, but the information was there. Unless, again, I am missing something.

irashaine1972
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL2400 Border Box descriptions what I was going off of. I didnt buy the wrong anything. I know what I was buying notice the descritions of the BB boxes:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/border_box.shtml

"provides ships for"
"provides ships for"
"provides ships for"

While they DO provide SOME ships "for"....it should be a little clearer. I am aware that it matches them up to the boosters here and there but on this page it matches them up to the Romulan/Klingon and Attack modules as well, although the contents does now match up.

But I think I said that. I linked the page see for yourself.
enterprise2007
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this as well:

"Each major product in the Federation Commander game system is associated with three Booster Packs that provide extra ship cards, including some entirely new ships. For each set of three Booster Packs, there is a Border Box with 24 pewter starships to match the ship cards in those Booster Packs. This makes it convenient for players to buy complete sets at one time, but also provides a very economical way to build an entire fleet as you get a lot more ships for your dollar in Border Boxes than any other way."

That's the second paragraph on the page you linked. I guess this is a lesson for all of us: always read the whole page!
irashaine1972
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is that its also associating them with the RB/KB and attack sets as well of which they do not match up. I am not sure why the correlation between the border boxes and the booster sets keeps coming up. Thats not even what I am talking about. The part where it clearly associates the border boxes with the Romulan/Klingon border and attack sets it my point. 2 different products. Yeah they DO match with the cards in the boosters. Bit they are also clearly advertised as matching the contents of the KB/RB and attack sets and they DO NOT match those. At least its implied. How is that flying over everybodies head here? I cut and pasted the relevant page entry so I think I am clear on what I am saying yeah?

Border Box #1 provides ships for Klingon Border; to buy, click here. The
---------------------------------------
stock # is 4401; Retail $99.95.

Border Box #2 provides the ships for Klingon Attack; to buy, click here.
--------------------------------------------
The stock # is 4402; Retail $99.95.

Border Box #3 provides the ships for Romulan Border; to buy, click here. ---------------------------------------------

The stock # is 4403; Retail $99.95.

And so forth. No where does it mention that it only provides SOME of the relevant ships. If you are going to advertise the above then it should at least be 100% correct no?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They match perfectly.

This ships in any set of three squadron boxes match the relevant product and the ships in any border box match the set of three boosters.

Border boxes have never been described anywhere as matching a border/attach product.

This isn't rocket science and it's been explained very thoroughly.
irashaine1972
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
They match perfectly.

This ships in any set of three squadron boxes match the relevant product and the ships in any border box match the set of three boosters.

Border boxes have never been described anywhere as matching a border/attach product.

This isn't rocket science and it's been explained very thoroughly.

I cut and pasted the above directly from the product page. I guess I misinterpret "provides ships for" to literally. My bad.......forget it Rolling Eyes

[Snark deleted. J. Sexton]
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irashaine1972, I have just talked to Leanna. If the Border Box isn't what you wanted, make sure all of the parts are there, return it to us, and then we'll either issue credit for Squadron Boxes or return your money.

The online store is pretty clear about what is in the box as are other pages. However, we looked at the page you were referring to and while the page clearly states the Border Boxes go with the Boosters, if you cut to the chase, we can see how a person could get confused. She's told me to have the page updated and SVC concurs.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Smile We don't like to confuse our customers and we can see how this could be confusing.

Jean
ADB Marketing Director
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, if you would, please check this page and see if it is now clearer: http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/border_box.shtml

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: