Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Giving my Romulans the Bird?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdauben
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Giving my Romulans the Bird? Reply with quote

So, after lots of foot draging and a number of legitimate delays, I'm finally trying to get my SL2500 Romulan fleet finished. I've come up with an question about the "belly birds" on the old Romulan Snipe/Hawk/Eagle class ships, though. Looking for painting direction, one reference I found indicated that the birds were painted "red and orange" (which I notice matched the old decals for the 2400 ships) while another stated the design and color of the bird represented the heraldry for the Captain's "house" and would presumable be different on every ship.

So, what is the current "offical" SFU answer? One color scheme or many?

Thanks! Smile

"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank."
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this isn't really an either/or question. When the SFU was young, the red and orange was the official response. But as new data has been added (especially Romulan social structures from Prime Directive), Heraldry is more correct.

However, one is free to paint as one wills.
mdauben
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, phdillman! I guess I'll go with the current "heraldry" answer and paint my birds in a variety of colors. Now, to get painting! Very Happy

Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or do it the easy way.

Have multiple fleets and do each one in a different color. That's what I intend to do.
mdauben
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
Or do it the easy way.

Have multiple fleets and do each one in a different color. That's what I intend to do.

My tentative plan was to do three fleets/task forces. One of the old Eagle class ships, one of ex-Klingon Kestral class ships and one of the newer Hawk class ships. The only thing I need at this point to finish this cunning plan is the hopefully soon to be finalized Vulture DN to lead the Eagle ships.

I've got a set of red-and-orange decals for the Kestral ships. That would mean I'd need to pick two other color combos for the other two fleets. Maybe blue and green for the Hawks and...hmmmm have to think about that? Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: