Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCOL issue/questions in first playings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jankomatic
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: FCOL issue/questions in first playings Reply with quote

We played a couple of games yesterday and had some questions.

1. Do you have to resync with each other after everything you do that affects your Ship Card/SSD and even your own card? Seems like the client doesn't auto update anything that pertains to filling in the boxes on the card, you have to constantly click the sync button to stay current.

2. Several times the shield boxes shown remaining on the Damage Allocation window didn't match what the ship card showed. Here is an example, hopefully this makes sense.
Seltorian Heavy Cruiser, ship card shows it has never taken damage on its rear shields(which is true) and shows 26 clean boxes. It takes 51 points of damage in one volley. Player goes to the Allocate Damage and it shows it is down to just 16 shields. So to make it work we just took 10 from the damage and input 41 damage so the internals would calculate correctly. This worked, he took 25 internals like he should, but when we finish and look at the ship card it has only filled in 16 of the 26 rear shield boxes.

3. The Units window seems to "break". Three player match, one ship per side the user that created the room sees all three ships in the Units window the way they should be(3 ship cards). I see my ship card in their twice and the other two ships show fine. I resync to try and fix it, now I see my ship card 3 times. I resync again, see my ship card three times, each of theirs two times each. I quit the game. Log back into the game, my units are gone from the map and Units window. I recreate my ship on the map, resync and now I see my ship twice AND two ships that aren't even in the game that we put on the map earlier and deleted.

We had other issues, but I only wrote down these three.

Thanks!
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the answers to this but next time you have an online game I'd like to drop in and watch. Congratulations on getting it off the ground.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You should never have to resync. (Please have the party that is not seeing the updates click on the "Send Feedback" button and report the issue)

2. Found the problem with the Sectarian Heavy Cruiser. There was an issue with the ship definition. I have upload the fixed Seltorian Heavy Cruiser. If you find any other ships with the same issue please report them and I will fixed them ASAP.

3. Looks like an issue with the syncing feature. I will look into this. Just so that you know the way the client works. The way it currently works is that when you add ships to the board they are owned by you. What that means in client terms is that the master copy is on your machine. So whenever people click on the sync button, it wipes all of the ships except the ships that are owned by that player and then has all of the other players send the syncing player their ships. So if you just leave the room (and you are a player) all of your ships disappear. If you leave a room or get dropped, after your "Player" status is restored. You then can select the "Restore Game" option and restore your ships.

So far the route cause of issue #1 and issue #3 is syncing. And #2 is purely caused by a bad ship definition.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so that you know. I am able to duplicate the issue with the client and syncing when it comes to the Fed Com room. I will look into resolving the issue tomorrow.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue it now resolved. It will be included in the next update to the client. Which will happen very soon. I want to run it through it's paces for the next couple days. It will be out probably around Thursday.
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a session with PeterCool earlier tonight. We were getting reacquainted with the client so it was more a training session than anything else.
It was fun and it's good to see some life on the FC side of the client. I got a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more action there.
One problem I had was the inability to fire photons from my Fed CA--not a big deal because I usually miss anyway but still. The photon launchers on the CA were not responding. I re-synched but it did not solve the problem.

I didn't have the presence of mind to hit the feedback button but i will next time.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you roll mw how you charged the photons?

Most issues that have been seen with the photons has been putting extra energy at the end of the turn. Though, I am pretty sure that is resolved.

Could you tell me the ship that you are flying?
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the Fed CA. And, now that you mention it, I might not have finished loading the photons. It was Turn 1
PeterCool
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sebastian,

Didn't you preload those photons? They should have been ready, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: