Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation CA photon torpedo launcher location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulK
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Federation CA photon torpedo launcher location Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm painting up my Fed CA and trying to figure out which "bumps" are the torpedo launchers. There are 4 on the top, right under the bridge, as well as 4 on the bottom just to the front of the lower sensor dome. What are the different bumps?

Also, is the box-like structure above the sensor dish the drone launcher?

Thanks!

/Paul
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... if you have a "box-like structure" above the sensor dish, then you've got a Fed BC saucer into the mix. That box is the neck weapons bay (which is either drones, plasma, or more photons depending on the variant). This would also explain the four bumps on the lower surface of the saucer.

In the case of the CA, the photons are in the upper teardrop, directly under the bridge (the BC has four here as well). The CA has two phaser bumps on the lower surface, the BC has four.
PaulK
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, <bleep> on a stick. I must have assembled them wrong. What's worse, I've already applied all of the decals as well.

I'll try and figure a way to fix the problem.

Thanks!

/Paul
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no it's ok.

If you did switch the two saucers, then you've got a CA saucer on the BC hull, making it much like the strike cruiser (with a longer rear hull), or just some other modified CA. Or it could be really close to a Kirov class BC variant, since I never thought drone launchers would be that large.

At the same time, you've got a CA with some extra weapon mounts. It's actually very similar to a TOS version of the Enterprise from ST: TMP. So it could be a CB or even an X-Ship if you like.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfortunate that things went the way that they went, but OGOPTIMUS is probably right. "Handwavium" can make the ships anything they need to be (and spare you a lot of repair work).

This thread has pointed out an error I let creep into my own BC minis though.

I bought two of the fancy new Fed CC saucers, kit-bashed a neck box onto them, and then used them on my BC's. It turns out that I forgot the extra phasers the BC's have under the saucer.

In my case, I'm lucky. I've primed and base-coated all my Feds, but I haven't done any of the detail painting yet on my BC's. I can still add those missing phasers with some epoxy (which hopefully will stick well to the gloss paint).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: